Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ebony & ivory, live together in perfect harmony.....(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2003, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by silvrevo
Wojo , did you get to ride in his? If so how does it feel power wise to your Evo?
Yeah I rode in his car as well as a blue Sti the other day. The car feels completely different than a regular WRX - almost no similarities.

Interior
The gauges are simply amazing. Almost perfect. I shouldn't even begin to compare the EVO ones here. I really like the shift light/buzzer function - it's a cool gadget. The seats are ok, but EVOs are clearly superior. The steering wheel - the best thing about it is that it is thick (reminds me of my RSX), but unfortunately it is larger than ours. Also the shifter feels loose and vibrates a bit.

Exterior
Its been discussed enough already, so I will just confirm that the scoop is huge and it shakes when u drive. This is without a doubt my least favorite thing about this car. The wing also shakes, but that doesn't bother me as much.

Power
Both cars where in the break-in period, so I had to stay under 5k. The car is faster (in a straight line) than EVO, but EVO "feels" faster. EVO just looks and feels "lighter" also since there is no turbo lag in the STi you don't feel that "rush" when the turbo spools up.

Handling
Since it wasn't my car I was driving, I obvioulsy didnt want to push it hard, so I can't really comment here. I will say though, that there is less body roll in the EVO and there is very noticable difference in the steering.

In summary, I am very happy with my choice. I had a deposit on STi since January and I changed my mind "in the last second" and bought the EVO. Having said that, they are both simply amazing and I would be more than happy with either one of them.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Still like my EVO better and the black rule
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

wish i can afford either of em....
Old Jun 6, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

LOL! I love the picture from the side where they look like they are staring at each other.....very cool....the STi in white looks kind of nice too. Two great machines.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

hehe, i'm probably wrong, but i think i saw that STi in front of chilis on route one yesterday. it was hella nice. i saw a black evo a week ago parked out front of bennigans at springfield mall, too. was that you, wojo? it was kinda dirty :P but i did a couple laps around it cuz it was the first evo i saw in the wild.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 07:57 PM
pk!

Originally posted by Claudius

You'll laugh, but I have already seen people post on forums that they have caught a bird in one of those scoops! Seriously.

since a German STI 03 driver has had his hood come off because of it. Not fly off, but unlock and jump up an inch. He modified it to close a little better, but is now worried.
first I've heard of either of these how about a little linky (not that I don't believe you )

pk!

Last edited by pk!; Jun 6, 2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:28 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius

There you go

http://www.subaru-community.net/topi...21&whichpage=2
Link doesn't work; looks like I have to register or something.

Are there pictures with a bird in the scoop?
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

First rule of the club: Don't doubt the Mods!
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

German boards eh? Not posting a link makes a bit more sense now.

What kind of bird did the dude catch? Just curious.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:03 PM
pk!

Originally posted by mrdecibel
First rule of the club: Don't doubt the Mods!
"Trust no one, question everything" my quote

Keeps you safe and alive -among other things.

And not to be a wise ***- But all I now know is that there is a German Subaru board. Still not saying it's not true. Just still like a picture or a translation, something. Maybe someone who is reg'd could babelfish the page or something.

pk!
Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:20 PM
pk!

Interesting stuff there maybe a recall here, similar to TT spoiler which also first reared it's head in Germany. German drivers seem to be the "canaries in the coal mine" when it comes to high speed issues. Probably something can be retrofitted a new latch or secondary catch.TWT

BTW ....now where's the bird in the scoop pic!

pk!