Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo **MR** Owners MUST READ!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah could of been done better
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hyerollr
I dont know if it has been posted before but I did find one thread about what I'm going to say.
lmao. But that is sh*tty.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 01:16 PM

Unhappy

I'll have to check this. No water on the carpet, but humid in the interior when I get in the morning. I moved the gauges up top and did notice it looked like a cheesy aftermarket install. I did try to follow the boost tubing back and j00 guys are right... you can't access the rubber grommit from the inside. If you need to re-route the tubing outside, pull the gauge pack inside and you'll pro'lly have a lot of extra tubing rolled up and ty-rapped behind the gauges.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 02:03 PM

There is plenty of boost tubing to move the gauge around along with the wire for the oil temp. The way its been installed is just a disgrace, like is if they just want to move the cars right on through with no down time and thats exactly what it comes down to, save $$$$.

And izabran, pretty much what I said bro, you guys are welcome to work on your cars yourselves and use the lifts and tools. It would be done in the evenings after we close for the day to the customers. Just let me know if any of you guys are interested. As far as a fee goes, I dont know what would you think would be fare?
Old Apr 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Had a small leak in the passenger side foot well. I told the dealership, and they resealed the grommet. I would have done it myself, but since the car was only a few days old, I had them fix Mitsu's shoddy workmanship on their own time and dime.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Mine wasn't that bad, I cleaned up the mess of wires a little bit when i put my turbo timer and boost controller in. I am putting new gauges in this summer anyways.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 05:27 PM

Are there any MR owners who "do not" experience water leaks? I would just like to know how common this is among MR owners.

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2007, 07:22 PM

would this be the same for the rs owners as well cause we have the guages also
Old Apr 1, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alkupik
Are there any MR owners who "do not" experience water leaks? I would just like to know how common this is among MR owners.

Thanks
Seems to be a common issue with any EVO that's had the gauge pack installed at port. Most of the time, whoever installs them just jams the wiring through the grommet without doing a good job of sealing it.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

couldn't that be a warranty issue? Bring it up to the dealership and have it done right
Old Apr 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hksevoix
couldn't that be a warranty issue? Bring it up to the dealership and have it done right
Yes it is. My dealer took care of it without question. In fact, the service manager told me that this is a common problem with many EVO's that had the gauge pack installed. The people that install these items at the receiving port usually don't do a good job of resealing the grommet the wiring/vac tube goes through.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Ruined 2 carpets because of this problem.

First time it leaked the dealership replaced the door weather strip because they thought that had to be it.

Second time they though it was a windows that wasn't sealing correctly, worked it a bit and thought they fixed it. (carpet replaced)

2-3 weeks ago full of water again. I pulled up all the carpeting myself and followed the path of where the water was leaking to the gauge pack gromet. Dealership replaced the gromet, sealed the holy crap out of it (they were tired of me by then), and put in new carpet again.

So far, so good. After every rain I pull up a corner and stick my hand under the carpet looking for wet spots.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hyerollr
Its not that its a huge problem with the car but if left alone it can turn into one. Water damage can really mess things up inside the car and forget about just drying up the carpet because that wool underneath forget about, garbage. Its a quick fix and should not be looked over.

Guys within the tri-state area, I'm willing to help you MR owners out at my garage in Merrick, Long Island. I've got a 3 bay garage w/lifts and any tool needed. If you want to put your car on the lift and take care of this problem just let me know. The shop number is 516-623-4871 and speak to my brother Rudy. My name is Arden. Good Luck.
http://www.merrickautomall.com
cool.. i live in merrick also
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:54 PM

just let me know when you guys would like to come by.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alkupik

Thanks
i don't have this problem, and I do wash my car very often.

Quick Reply: Evo **MR** Owners MUST READ!!!!!!