Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo **MR** Owners MUST READ!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty much it comes down to this. If you do have the gauges installed by Mitsu (should say if you got the car w/gauges) then the problem is there but you have'n't had experienced it yet. Its all within time when you'll get caught in that heavy rain and hit a few deep puddles. I too didn't have the flooding issue in my car but I repaired it before it would happen. You catch my drift. Its a quick fix that will save the the headache in the future.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Talking of stock Gauges... did anyone take em out and install aftermarket Gauges?

I am saving up for Defi Blue racer 52mm set... I already have the boost and i am thinking of buying the rest
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

mine was fine
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by hyerollr
Pretty much it comes down to this. If you do have the gauges installed by Mitsu (should say if you got the car w/gauges) then the problem is there but you have'n't had experienced it yet. Its all within time when you'll get caught in that heavy rain and hit a few deep puddles. I too didn't have the flooding issue in my car but I repaired it before it would happen. You catch my drift. Its a quick fix that will save the the headache in the future.
I'll have mine checked out at my next oil change.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amstel78
Had a small leak in the passenger side foot well. I told the dealership, and they resealed the grommet. I would have done it myself, but since the car was only a few days old, I had them fix Mitsu's shoddy workmanship on their own time and dime.
PM you on help for in regard to this.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Just curious, for those who had water leak problem/hacked job of an install...do you know where your port of entry was? Just wandering if the trouble cars are from a single POE. Mine was Maryland.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
Just curious, for those who had water leak problem/hacked job of an install...do you know where your port of entry was? Just wandering if the trouble cars are from a single POE. Mine was Maryland.
How did you find this out (POE)?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 05:33 PM

what flavor is the gum?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alkupik
How did you find this out (POE)?
I still have the pricing paper (the one that displays MSRP, option, gas economy etc..) that was on the window when I first bought the car. It is located on the bottom of that.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I havent noticed any leaks, but am definitely gonna start checking it. I unhooked the boost gauge, and installed an aftermarket one using the same vac hose. Never really occured to me to follow the hose. I did question the grounding, though. Ill soon be buying some new, and relocating all the gauges. Guess that would be a good time to reroute all of the wires through the firewall, and do a better ground.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

I've heard of a few people having this problem now. Crazy.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:17 AM

I advise fixing this ASAP. My passenger side footwell filled with about 1.5" deep of water. I thought I was on a Disney ride the way it sloshed around.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:26 AM

I can hold out until my next oil change. It hasn't been raining out here lately.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:49 PM

Mine wires were a rats nest too - I had to re-do them when I installed my stereo and tap those wires into the new harness. Thanks for the post!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Q8_EVO
Talking of stock Gauges... did anyone take em out and install aftermarket Gauges?

I am saving up for Defi Blue racer 52mm set... I already have the boost and i am thinking of buying the rest
Yeah I took mine out.. and installed my defi's.. haven't been able to get to that fat grommet.. how do you get to it.. I wanna pass my oil temp sensor through that ****.. but yeah.. they alot of wire.. it was all crumbled up behind my guages but at least they zip tied them..

Ama try what this dude did and see if i can get to that grommet..

Quick Reply: Evo **MR** Owners MUST READ!!!!!!