Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2002, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sunroof

most non-factory sunroofs end up being a cheap *** $2000 project that ends up leaking anyways. if you hate your interior and don't mind ruining your car, i strongly recommend it. at least that's all the expereince i have had with them, haha.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:01 PM

Then explain to me why there is a sunroof in this photo which came from the evo brochure?
1. the car in the brochure is a european spec vehicle, you know europe does not hove our safty standards. think about the last jap car you were in in the carrebean how tiny they are even though they look the same- there is no secret that US cars have more stringent specs. SKubaru won;t put a roof in the wrx due to this, yeat its available in the imprezza. _sunrood will be available in the 03 lancer, just not evo.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:47 PM

/me shoots the messenger
Old Mar 29, 2002, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Im gonna wait until 2004 and have me an EVO Spyder!
Old Apr 6, 2002, 01:32 AM

Re: sunroff

Originally posted by MR.MITSU

No from what i have been told no roof, there is a structual beam in the existing lancers roof, removal of this beam greatly affects the hrtz factor of the chassis, and with the high performance evo and stricter us crash standards (rollover and handling not mentioned) no factory roof will be available on the evo. There are aftermarket companies like "Holindia" who claim that thier roof actually increases roof structure with this beam removed- but I don't buy it.:soapbox: sorry to bla bla on
In the WRX everyone crys about the "roll bar" where the sun roof is supposed to be.... A post on i-club.com said that when he had an aftermarker moonroof put in, the "rollbar" was the biggest joke. He said it was possible to bend it with his bare hand.