Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

got patience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2002, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Dan you are stupid for saying Mitsubishi's are poorly built.... The Evo is one of the most well built cars you will see that is not a luxury car.

I have had an Eagle Talon and I loved the hell out of that car, It was so much more better built than that POS Ford Probe GT I had.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 06:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by OzRally02
Evo Dan you are stupid for saying Mitsubishi's are poorly built.... The Evo is one of the most well built cars you will see that is not a luxury car.
He said his past cars had been bad experiences and then followed up with his having read how well built the Evo is...I don't know how you're going to fault him for his experience past cars'. At any rate...you may want to be careful how your word your comments.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 08:50 AM

NOT TO SOUND RUDE OR ANYTHING BUT I THINK YOU SOME PPL IN THIS FORUM ARE A LITTLE THIN SKINNED. ON A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT NOTE, I AM TOTALLY HEAD OVER HEALS FOR THE EVO BUT I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WILL BEAT A C-5 VETTE, THAT'S LIKE SAYING A CIVIC DX WILL SMOKE A RUF PORSCHE. LOL I HAVE A 69 CAMARO AND I AM ACTUALLY SELLING IT SO I CAN BUY AN EVO, I AM INTERESTED IN THE EVO BECAUSE I AM LOOKING FOR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DRIVING EXPERIENCE. WITH ME, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT RAW POWER, I WANT A CAR THAT HANDLES AWESOME. I AM TIRED OF CIVICS REVING ON ME WHEN I BEAT AN M5, ITS HELL OF ANNOYING. ALSO ABOUT A WEEK AGO I RACED A SKYLINE GT-R THAT WAS IMPORTED, IT WAS RIGHT HAND DRIVE AND ALL, THAT THING WAS BAD, IT WAS JUST TOO BAD I HAD TO SET HIM IN HIS PLACE AND BEAT HIM BY 5 OR 6 CAR LENGTHS LIGHT TO LIGHT.

MIKE, THANX FOR READING THIS BORING ISH
Old Mar 23, 2002, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

I don't doubt for a second that that a Japanese spec EVO could beat a C5( it could be close). I guess it all comes down to if the car is watered down or not, but in Japanese form it is in the same league as a C5 or M3 performance wise. The EVO is a terrific platform to build on for aftermarket performance parts. With a little tweek here and there it may be able to compete with the likes of a Z06(see the Warrender EVO340 edition).

http://www.warrender.co.uk/afc_0013.htm

I know there are plenty of American Muscle cars that will smoke the EVO. I am just saying the Evo's technology is an excellent substitute for cubic inches.

I remember back when I had my 300zTT and I was putting the hurt on the WS6 Trans-ams and C4 grand sports, these V8 car guys couldn't beleive that a japanese V6TT sport car could beat them. Now I can't wait to do it with 4cyl. 4 door sedan.

Regards,
EJ

Last edited by 1stinline; Mar 23, 2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 09:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I think the Evo is going to remain a fast straight-line car (especially for an L4), but on curvy roads, and especially in less than perfect road conditions, I don't think there's any doubt it will remain in the front of just about any race. ...J-spec or US-spec (I'd hope and imagine).

Last edited by HobieKopek; Mar 23, 2002 at 09:49 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:12 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Please don't post in all CAPS. Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

uhm even the jdm evo isnt close to the c5 corvette at all...unless u count being a whole 1 second slower in the 1/4 mile close...
Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by evo penguin
uhm even the jdm evo isnt close to the c5 corvette at all...unless u count being a whole 1 second slower in the 1/4 mile close...
if by c5 you mean z06, the fastest ive seen for a z06 is 12.5, and the fastest ive seen for the evo is 12.9. thats 4 tenths of a second, not a whole 1.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evolover
ALSO ABOUT A WEEK AGO I RACED A SKYLINE GT-R THAT WAS IMPORTED, IT WAS RIGHT HAND DRIVE AND ALL, THAT THING WAS BAD, IT WAS JUST TOO BAD I HAD TO SET HIM IN HIS PLACE AND BEAT HIM BY 5 OR 6 CAR LENGTHS LIGHT TO LIGHT.
I don't doubt that you'd take him in a straight line, but if you ever get into twisties with one of those.....consider yerself roasted, toasted, and burnt to a crisp.

Hooby
Old Mar 23, 2002, 01:27 PM

LOL

my first car was an 86' Corolla....haha, i gave it to my sis when i bought my 99 VTEC Prelude.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

hey jagaoz,
i like your quote, "fighting on the internet is like the special olympics...everyone is still a retard in the end"
Old Mar 23, 2002, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by cary

if by c5 you mean z06, the fastest ive seen for a z06 is 12.5, and the fastest ive seen for the evo is 12.9. thats 4 tenths of a second, not a whole 1.
Well, in real world testing, Sport Compact Car got a 13.6 @ 100 mph for the Japanese spec EVOVII. With a few less HP, the US EVOVII might be in the low 14's. The Z06 is running high 12's right now no problem. I wouldnt want to get in a drag race with one. I wouldnt want to get in 1/4 mile race with any C5 for that matter. For sure your not going to 'blow his doors off'.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Turbo442

Well, in real world testing, Sport Compact Car got a 13.6 @ 100 mph for the Japanese spec EVOVII. With a few less HP, the US EVOVII might be in the low 14's. The Z06 is running high 12's right now no problem. I wouldnt want to get in a drag race with one. I wouldnt want to get in 1/4 mile race with any C5 for that matter. For sure your not going to 'blow his doors off'.

turbo442, from what i hear with a high launch there have been people run sub-13's. i admit in stock form it will never beat a z06 but it is not that far behind. i dont understand why you have such a negative view on how the whole evo situation will turn out? there has been more evidence to support getting the jspec evo as opposed to getting a watered down version or even the GT-A, as you seem to believe. now im not guaranteeing we get a jspec evo here in the US. but i think theres a very decent chance we might. and if anything comes detuned, it will probably only be minor modifications in the ECU with a slightly lower hp rating. all mitsu has ever said is that it needed to make modifications to the bumper for better reenforcement.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by OzRally02

I have had an Eagle Talon and I loved the hell out of that car, It was so much more better built than that POS Ford Probe GT I had.
Huh??? I haven't posted on this thread yet. Whatever, I've been slow getting to the forum today. No big deal.

Quick Reply: got patience?