Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

got patience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahah well geez michael woop de ****ing do! i didnt know a gt2 was rwd...figured since ist basically a 911 turbo it had awd as well but who cares. OH AND THANKS FOR JUS PROVING MY POINT U JUS PROVED IT USING DIFFERENT FACTS. u jus said it urself awd heavier etc move power loss. oh and rwd is only good for under 300 hp? WELL GEEZ FUNNY HOW I NEVER SEE ANY AWD DRAGSTERS WITH THOUSANDS OF HP. oh but i guess awd must only be good between 300 to 1500+ hp

OK AND LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT WHO CARES ABOUT THE PORSCHE VS VIPER. there are way more variables between the two cars than jus the drive train that plays a role in their performance.

oh and btw porsche quotes the gt2s 0-60 to be 1 tenth of a second faster than 911 turbo. and the gt2 is the fastest production porsche in america after the 959...but the 959 did have awd.

oh and 1stinilne i think u got ur 911 numbers mixed up with the 959...959 was i thinkt he fasted porsche in america doing 0-60 in 3.9. a stock 911 turbo can no way in hell do 0-60 in 3.8.

and i dont get why all of u think awd is so ****in fast...funny how 90 percent of the super cars out there are rwd...but then because some awd porsches are fast and the evo7 is awd EVERYONE thinks its so ****in awesome. oh btw mclaren f1 is rwd...HOLY **** ITS GOT ALL THAT POWER BUT IT MUST NOT BE FAST CUZ RWD IS ONLY GOOD FOR LESS THAN 300 HP. I BET IF IT WAS AWD IT COULD RUN 8'S IN THE 1/4 MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA
Old Mar 25, 2002, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, the 959 was never imported to America.

The Lamborghini Diablo VT is AWD

I wonder which Lambo is quicker the RWD or AWD I honestly don't know

Maybe you can make up some numbers to prove your point EVO Penguin

Last edited by 1stinline; Mar 25, 2002 at 02:21 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

motorcycles are cool, and they're fast too~ they are 1wd, or is it 2?
Old Mar 25, 2002, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo penguin
WELL GEEZ FUNNY HOW I NEVER SEE ANY AWD DRAGSTERS WITH THOUSANDS OF HP. oh but i guess awd must only be good between 300 to 1500+ hp
I'm sorry, I have to laugh here, because you are trying to be sarcastic, but this is actually true and this is the point I was trying to make in my first post. Unless you have enough power and grip to transfer 100% of the weight to the rear, AWD has more grip on the launch. (Launching and accelerating ARE different because one has forword momentum and the other doesn't.) If you have a high powered RWD car, but the power and grip combined only transfer 75% of the vehicles weight to the rear, you will not be able to put down 100% of your power. In an AWD vehicle no matter how the weight shifts, you still will have 100% grip, so in the same as above situation the AWD will transfer 75% power to the rear, plus an additional 25% to the front. That's 25% more grip to prevent wheel spin on the launch. The more weight that tranfers to the rear the less of an advantage the AWD will have over the RWD and that is why high powered funny car are RWD. They tranfer 100% of their weight to the rear.

It's not as simple as saying RWD or AWD is superior. Having AWD on a car that does the quarter mile under 9 secs is useless.

Ok, I'm done for good now.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

OH 1STINLINE U SEE THE LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GTR IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION DIABLO...WELL BESIDES THE VTTT WHICH WAS ONLY 6 PRODUCED OR SO. AND YES THE GTR IS RWD AND IS FASTER THAN THE VT 6.0. diablos are my favorite cars in the world!!!!!!

yah motorcycles!!! are fastest hahahah!! suzuki hayabusa 1300!!!! my dream bike hahah but actually im not that interested in riding a motorcycle. yah motorcycle 1 wheel hahahah the chain only goes to the rear wheel duh =P OH **** RWD MOTORCYCLES!!!

1stineline what are u talking about? there are a couple of 959s in america but they are illegal to drive on street...BILL GATES OWNS ONE. ive even seen one on sale iun america for a little under 300k...one nice *** car...by far the best porsche ever created. car made in the 80's with that kidna performance is incredible...
Old Mar 25, 2002, 04:57 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoSouL
motorcycles are cool, and they're fast too~ they are 1wd, or is it 2?
EvoSouL, my AWD motorcycle will definitely accelerate faster than your RWD motorcycle.

But I'm curious, does anyone have a FWD motorcycle that would like to race us?

Old Mar 25, 2002, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

ROFL~~!! hahah you're such the comedian like myself...
hey leave the jokes and laughs to me, you're stealing my show!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

We're now all dumber for having participated in this conversation.

Hooby
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Here is an AWD motorcycle.

http://www.rokon.com/

Faces similar problems that AWD cars face.
Heavy, overly complex, more moving parts.

There is no way in hell this AWD motorcycle will beat a
RWD motorcycle.

The only thing this bike has going for it is that it floats!

Turbo