Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another one bites the dust...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atlvalet
I'm guessing it's a kid. Just a guess.
I'm guessing it's an old decrepid dude. Just a guess.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no words...
Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Holy heck!! That guy must have been flying to do that!!
Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

hrmm i can't seem to find the pics....
Old Jun 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

did yall see the picture with the engine un-attatched from the frame?????????? holy ****. how do you slide for 500 feet???????? they must completely lost control like spinning in circles and going mad quick, and it looks wet or just oil??????? damn, is that a typo 494 feeettttttttt??????????thats almost an 1/8 mileeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhh
Old Jun 9, 2003, 07:13 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

I hope the driver survives.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

There is just no way that guy was going anywhere near the speed limit. To end up in a wreck that bad after leaving skid marks for 494 feet.... the guy must be doing 100+ mph... what's the braking distance from 60 mph? 117ft? Someone with a physics degree work it out.

I've seen Evos ram head on into guardrails at 80 mph and all occupants walk away with only minor scratches and stiff necks. Looks like the driver is not getting away with it as easy.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 07:41 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

He/she must have been doing the "no look" drive...

Seriously though, that's an absolutely horrible accident and I feel for his/her family and friends.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 08:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
A couple of the photo's should be posted on the home page here as a very sober reminder of safety. My prayers go out to the occupants and their families. I believe I read that the driver had survived with a broken pelvis and legs plus internal injuries. The fact that the passenger walked away from the hospital impresses me with the EVO's ability to absorb the energy of a hard side impact.

I'm an old dude and the only reason that I am hear today is that I was lucky. I owned a 1972 GTO that should have killed me at least 3 times. Learning your (or your car's) limit is a crap shoot; some people get by with a close call and some meet with terrible consequences that far outwiegh the expected benefit. Perhaps at least one member here will think twice about when to push beyond known limits.

Speedlimit....
Old Jun 9, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

hrmm i'd like to see, but all i get is a 404
Old Jun 9, 2003, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

I don't mean any disrespect but it's one thing to learn about your car's limits on a closed track and quite another to do it on a public road in a residential area travelling at an obscenely high speed! People get into accidents all the time, sure I can understand that, but the state of "disrepair" of the car can only point to an extremely irrational individual at the controls.

As for the structural integrity of the car, am I the only person who's surprised that the driver was not killed instantly? If he hit the tree with the full impact I wouldn't be surprised to see the car split right in two. It's more likely the car rolled over at least once and the tree prevented it from going into someone's yard. Interestingly the bonnet appears to be virtually intact.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

the fact that the passenger walked away from that wreck is astounding. I can only think of one wreck that is worse then that - anyone else remember the pics that floated around of that Ferrari that wrecked on the Autobahn a couple of years ago? I still have nightmares about those pics....
Old Jun 9, 2003, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

An update on the driver:

Well, I tried to go see him in the hospital after work, but I couldn't because he has been in surgery ALL DAY!! They are rebuilding his leg. He's gonna have lots of metal pins and braces in there for life, but he should have full use of it after he recovers.

The passenger is okay, except for a few stitches and some bruising.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 09:44 PM
choad

Unhappy

That is one of the WORST fricken accidents I have ever seen...

I hope the driver and passenger are okay and are "scared outta there mind"..

Luckily there were no fatalities or innocent lives lost by "being in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

Once the dust settles and some time passes, the insurance on this some ***** is going to be ri****INdiculous..

Glad to hear everyone is okay, but sheez..
what were those guys THINKING going that fast on wht appears to be a SIDE street??

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust...