Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

-long read-hit me and tried to beat me up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-long read-hit me and tried to beat me up

Well. I just had the worst experince of my life. Going home from a friends house at 230. I stopped by a gas station. I parked near the door since I was just come up to the window and ask for a 12 pack of pepsi. Anyway. When I parked. I opened my door and heard a boom!. I looked up and seen the guy with dread locks come out all dissapointed. I come out pissed not knowing what the damages were. About 5 gashes accross the bumper. Keep in mind. My car is mint. Well then he turns to me and say. How much is it. Its my fault. I say I don't know. If you wanna get insurance involved. Mines gonna sky rocket. Well he said hell pay out of pocket. He told me he will pay me 100 bucks. I'm like no. Its my Daily driver I need it. You gotta pay extra for my rental once car is in the shop. Well. He said ok 600 bucks. Follow me to my house. I was like. Ok hold on. From looking at his beater. It could cost around 1k MAX . I said hold on. Went around his car pulled out my sidekick and was getting ready to write down his tag. "HE said $uck this" he snatched my sidekick3. We were in a middle of a tug of war. I was gonna scream but I didn't see nobody in site since its 230 am. The cashier was a big skinny dude who wouldn't come out to help me at all. He just looked on. While I was being punched and thrown around. He ripped my shirt. And then threatin to kill me. He then said wtf is my tag. I said nothing. He then said if you follow me I will kill you. I proceeded to run behind him. But he stopped the car and jumped out. I was like oh ****. And ran to the gas station for him to open the ^ucking door. He didn't. The guy then jumped back into his car and speed off.
I end up calling the cops which appeared fairly quick. They said are you hurt. I said just bruised since he slammed me on his car and the pavement. They said you got tag. I said no cause of what happen. Then the cops said well we can file a report but we won't catch him. I'm like wtf....cause I didn't have his tag#. Anyway. They said there's nothing they can do except saying sombody hit your car and battery charge on a no namer who won't get caught. I didn't want my insurance to raise. But now I think I'm keeping my gun loaded in my car.
Oh and I'm thinking about going back to the gas station and get the video evidence.
But right now. I'm shakin up
I got 1 or 2 punches in. But he stands like 6'2. I'm 5'8....but I'm roughed up cause he kept trying to attack me. And his reach was longer. Now I either file a case or not. Cops said it didn't matter. But now I feel my life threatend. Cause what if he gets out.

Last edited by Clutchdc5; Apr 11, 2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dam.. that's some crazy stuff. hope that video at the station helps catch that guy..
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:12 AM
Account Disabled

Wow man, hopefully the vid at the gas station helps, what a douche.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

options

Option 1. Take him to court for 300 bucks in damages?. With video evidence. And he comes out years later finding me.
Option 2. Make a police report. Police did not help one bit. They were just tired of paper work.
Option 3. Ignore it
Option 4. He lives around my neighborhood. It was so fishy when he said follow him. I just said I will so I could jolt down his tag.

Last edited by Clutchdc5; Apr 11, 2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

It amazes me that the store guy just watched when he could have called the cops at the very least. Cops should at least examine the video evidence. Many times, that is how they catch the offenders after a crime.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

I know you're concerned about your insurance going up... But man, common, that's what it's for, to protect you!!! But then again, the a$$hole might not of had insurance or anything, and might of flipped anyways getting his information! So bad situation anyway you look at it!

One more thing! The guy at the store, I would go back to, and kick his a$$ for not helping! That was just pure retarded on his part! If you ever see him getting robbed, do what he did... just sit.. and watch! Sh*t happens right ....

Last edited by LilRico; Apr 11, 2007 at 01:39 AM. Reason: To add about the a$$ in the store
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:36 AM
Account Disabled

That sux you don't remember his plate #'s. A fist to the groin might have helped.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

I say you probably got a good look at him/his car. You need to go searching in the surrounding neighborhoods. Find him/his car(have a friend or two with you) and F.. him/his car up.

Also you can file a couple comprehensive claims before your insurance will go up. The only problem is you will have to pay your deductible.

Anyhow, I am thinking about coming down to Florida in the next few months. If you need help doing my suggestions above, let me know. good luck
Old Apr 11, 2007, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

next time you fight someone bigger than you. throw change in his face...kick him in the ***** and beat the **** out of him, run and say keep the change b*tch

I hope they catch the **** for what he did, if it's 230 am, out of all the spots he hits your car? sorry about that man, seems like he was maybe drunk if he got all angry?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

i would def check with the videos at the gas station...
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

for sure check the videos, they catch people robbing and filling up without paying all the time. Good luck bud!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Rule #1...don't try to fist fight a big guy. Especially one that's bigger than you. Get close to him, wrap yourself around him, try to get him on the ground and start pounding. When you reduce the gap between you and your opponent that has a longer reach than you, you have the advantage.
Evolved Member

That sucks! Your insurance wont go up because it will be considered a hit in run and isn't your fault. The guy above is right, all you will have pay for is your deductible. Did you file a report with the cop? If not, you can call your insurance company, increase your monthly payment to lower your deductible. Then you can call and file a report. That way you will be paying a smaller deductible to have your car repaired.

Also, I would take some sort Jiu-Jitsu or lift weights so you can protect yourself.
Evolved Member

You might to think about some self defense lessons. Seriously, you can't let this dumba$$ control the way you think. You must do what is right for you and that involves getting some retribution. Find out where this retard lives and then press charges on his a$$. Chances are he doesn't have insurance so you going to have to eat the deductible to have your car fixed. Good luck on whatever you choose to do.
Evolved Member

Just the fact that he tried to swipe your sidekick while you were getting his tags, makes me think he probably didn't have insurance...

Do NOT just ignore this - you cannot let people push you around like that. A gun is not necessary and will only make matters worse. I do keep a sharpened rusty screwdriver in my driver's door, though (went to school in Newark).

I have done some retaliation in the past as was suggested above - I don't recommend it - once you go find his car, report it to the police. If you decide to do something to his car (i.e. smash windows, slash tires, light on fire ), you will always be nervous driving around town, at gas stations, etc - knowing that he/his boys will be waiting for you - just not worth it IMHO...

Hopefully, the cops will be able to make something out on the surveillance tapes.

Quick Reply: -long read-hit me and tried to beat me up