Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Extended warranty....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warranty....

Out of curiosity, who here purchased the Mitsubishi extended warranty coverage? When I was buying my MR, the finance guy was trying to shove this option down my throat, but I kept telling him to stuff it. They wanted close to 3K if I recall to extend the bumper to bumper coverage to 10/100,000. My opinion; it isn't worth it. I think the standard warranty should suffice, and what isn't covered, my Geico mechanical breakdown coverage should. What about you guys - did you end up buying the extended warranty?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf is warranty? IF you ever plane on modding, its voided, not worth it unless u never take it into mitsu for oil changes and repairs, t cases, diff fluid changes
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:16 PM

I got it. Mark Mitsu. seems pretty cool though about warranties. Basically, it's still covered if you dont go bigger turbo or cams/etc. which I'm not going to do. I think I got lucky though getting it for like $900. Not a big deal in my opinion.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
wtf is warranty? IF you ever plane on modding, its voided, not worth it unless u never take it into mitsu for oil changes and repairs, t cases, diff fluid changes
+1
And plus it's Mitsubishi, one of the worst to work with when it comes to warranties.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

i think its a waste of money, just like clutch said if you mod anything on the car good luck with getting anything warrentied on the car. just my .02
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

That's what I thought... but what really pissed me off was the fact that they kept saying I'd be a fool not to get an extended warranty on this car. They kept repeating it to the point that I told them that they're making it sound like the car isn't reliable, and if so, they can forget closing on the deal. They quickly shut up.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5

agreed!! complete waste of money if you ask me
Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

dont do it! i canceledl mine and the finance guy is not really happy about it.
after readin all the terms and condition.... i'll say its a waste of money!
Old Apr 12, 2007, 05:53 AM

they tried to push it on me too. i told them no way, after what i'm going to do to the car, you won't cover it anyways. they then stopped pushing it.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by amstel78
That's what I thought... but what really pissed me off was the fact that they kept saying I'd be a fool not to get an extended warranty on this car. They kept repeating it to the point that I told them that they're making it sound like the car isn't reliable, and if so, they can forget closing on the deal. They quickly shut up.
They did the same to me too. They are like "if the turbo happens to go out for any reason at 75kmiles you would make up the money right there". And I told him "i'm buying a new car, are mitsubishis that unreliable that I shouldn't expect them to last over 75k." And he was quiet right after that. Since they knew I was also looking at the STI.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you plan do some moderate/heavy modding ...then don't bother. Even if you do decide to get it extended warranty, I would go with the mitsu one. Go with an aftermarket one, like warrantydirect. For the evo, it was like 10yrs/10k miles for $1300
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

waste of money.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIXPilot
If you plan do some moderate/heavy modding ...then don't bother. Even if you do decide to get it extended warranty, I would go with the mitsu one. Go with an aftermarket one, like warrantydirect. For the evo, it was like 10yrs/10k miles for $1300
Yea, but you gotta make sure you read the claus's pretty good. Half the time they don't cover anything and it's usually less coverage than what the actual Mitsu warranty is.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
Yea, but you gotta make sure you read the claus's pretty good. Half the time they don't cover anything and it's usually less coverage than what the actual Mitsu warranty is.
Thats exactly what i found out!