Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Took my spoiler off, found rust, went to Mitsu for warranty claim, hilarity ensues...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Took my spoiler off, found rust, went to Mitsu for warranty claim, hilarity ensues...

UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

Well, I decided to strip the paint off my spoiler and much to my dismay, this is what I found when I removed the spoiler from my car. ( And no, the clear tape does not bother me at all, spoiler will be on soon.)

Now mind you, I wash and wax my car more than any normal person should. There is no reason for this.

So I go over to my local Mitsu dealer for the first time since owning my car for a warranty claim. I should have been prepared for what was in store for me, but I was not.

I walk in the door and tell the guy at the service desk that I need to speak to someone who could help me with a warranty claim. He asked what is was for and I told him that I had taken my spoiler off and noticed rust underneath where the spoiler was.

I could see a puzzled look on his face and I sat there like WTF? What did you not understand? Then he blurts out" Why did you take it off?" I just about laughed in his face. I told him what I was doing and he said he would have to get the service manager.Meanwhile he said, "Pull you car in here" Now I knew the real fun was going to start when they saw my car.

I pull in and sure enough, they just stare at it like "Warranty what?"

The service manager comes out and tells the other guy at the desk to get the camera and take pics of my VIN tag right in front of me. The guy at the desk was embarrassed and mad to do it, but he did it any way.

I asked him what the deal was and he told me that my power train and drive train warranty were now void. I laughed and told him I didn't care and that had no relevance whatsoever to why my car is in there. I showed him the rust spot and he also asked me" Why did you take it off to begin with?"

At this point, I was irrate and I said "Because others I know have had issues with this and I did'nt want my trunk to rust out in 5 years."

And he says "Oh"

Just short of bears riding on tricycles, it was a circus in there.

They took my name and info and said they were going to call me. This was a week ago.

Go Mitsu.

Last edited by revvin9k; Apr 19, 2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:51 PM
Account Disabled

you can't be serious
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 your lucky that's all there is for rust.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
F*^% them
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mines an 03 my rust is the size of a half dollar.....been waiting 2 months now for a response....found it while warranty for the spoiler was being full-filled.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Oh Snaps!, i never knew voiding got that extreme
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

looks like someone saw the rust spot before and they just used a bit of touch of paint and through time it just build up into the bubble you see now but how many miles have you had the car and when in 2004 did you buy it cause i think its only 3/36000 but someone correct me if im wrong
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

damn, man, what dealership was it?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2 Deep Motoring
looks like someone saw the rust spot before and they just used a bit of touch of paint and through time it just build up into the bubble you see now but how many miles have you had the car and when in 2004 did you buy it cause i think its only 3/36000 but someone correct me if im wrong
25k on the clock and still (or shall I say, was) in warranty.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Dealership name? I'm moving to Chicago soon and I want to avoid them at all costs. Unless of course I want to have a good laugh.

Wow, I would have totally blasted them harder than you did. I mean, you go in for something totally unrelated, and as soon as somebody "important" at the dealership sees you, he immediately starts getting his minion to grab cameras and take down vital info on your car to void your powertrain warranty? That's just bad business. He should have discretely done this, if at all. He should have tended to your issue and satisfied the customer. Later on if you were to have went there for the warranty claim with a car that looked stock instead of how yours looked (read: put it back to stock in order to scam drivetrain warranty work) then he could have dropped that "ace in the hole" on you and told you to have a nice day.

What a dick.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Dealership name? I'm moving to Chicago soon and I want to avoid them at all costs. Unless of course I want to have a good laugh.

Wow, I would have totally blasted them harder than you did. I mean, you go in for something totally unrelated, and as soon as somebody "important" at the dealership sees you, he immediately starts getting his minion to grab cameras and take down vital info on your car to void your powertrain warranty? That's just bad business. He should have discretely done this, if at all. He should have tended to your issue and satisfied the customer. Later on if you were to have went there for the warranty claim with a car that looked stock instead of how yours looked (read: put it back to stock in order to scam drivetrain warranty work) then he could have dropped that "ace in the hole" on you and told you to have a nice day.

What a dick.
I really did not care to be honest with you. I thought about getting ignorant as well, but said hell with it. I knew from day one when I bought this car and modded it, it was over. It was just so funny how blunt they were about it. I told him I take care of my car better than myself and that so much stuff has broken already that I could have brought it in for and did'nt, because I already knew I was done.

Sort of like this.

I did'nt go in there whining for a new hotside, and took the hit and bought a new one because I understood this exact thing would happen to me.

And another thing, I would NEVER leave my car in the hands of the dealer, only AMS.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

whats that
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
whats that
WGA That was connected to this:

Lost my "puck" or flapper too.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

i know you're excited and everything, but focus . What dealership did this event take place at?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PGDlancer
i know you're excited and everything, but focus. What dealership did this event take place at?
Hahahah, I loled.

It was Libertyville Mitsubishi.

Quick Reply: Took my spoiler off, found rust, went to Mitsu for warranty claim, hilarity ensues...