Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

too much attention = car4sale?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
SOlutions:

1) De-wing
2) Shave all badges/emblems
3) spray IC black
4) paint car flat black
5) black wheels
6) put resonators/muffler back on the car
7) baby seat
8) baby on board sticker
9) friend of police sticker

^^^ would make the car a piece of crap...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by r2kbug
mines worse, i get pulled over everytime i leave the city because they think i stole it. asian guy in an evo
So you get pulled over just for, DWA ?(Driving While Asian) That is pretty hard to believe. I am sure there is a reason for cops pullin you over.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:50 AM

Unless I happen to find myself in the middle of some deserted twisties in the middle of the night, I drive like a damn grandma. I always see cops staring, I just smile and drive by at 5 over the speed limit.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
SOlutions:

1) De-wing
2) Shave all badges/emblems
3) spray IC black
4) paint car flat black
5) black wheels
6) put resonators/muffler back on the car
7) baby seat
8) baby on board sticker
9) friend of police sticker
1) De-wing don't work.
2) Done that...don't work
3) Most cops think it's a radiator anyways.
4) No way..
5) got em....don't work
6) Fujitsubo exhaust is quiter than stock one.
7) Got two baby seat in the back to take my boys out......don't work.
8) Had one sticker......got staired by bunch of MILFS.
9) Got three friend who are sherriffs and trust me when you mention their name it works sometime but most of the time they don't give a sh*t. They gotta meet their monthly quotas.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by r2kbug
mines worse, i get pulled over everytime i leave the city because they think i stole it. asian guy in an evo
get a corvette and u should be ok. im asian too and im gonna get a corvette and hope those cops dont bug me.

for everyone else, go make a $100 donation to ur local police department, they should give u a sticker, put that on ur windshield, and call it a day. this should lessen ur chance of getting a ticket when pulled over because ur a "good guy" to them. its not 100% ticket free though.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

since i took the wing off ive been fine..i still get random revs from slow *** cars..and people staring..but at least it looks like a semi normal luxury car(leather interior)...but that cloak is turned off as soon as the turbo spools and the Forge dv goes off ..lol
Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

LOL ...the 'wild man' quote is from meatwad. and yes, i can drive the speed limit. i do most of the time.

im the only evo within a couple hours of here and all the cops know the car. tried the no wing. tried the no emblems. it just doesnt work when youre the only white mitsubishi.

im not going to sell my car. i guess i was just getting majorly frustrated last night. i havent been pulled over in awhile ...but 2years of ownership have gotten me pulled over 10times. 2 were for speeding, so i legitimately accept those. the rest were for some of the dumbest crap. no blinker, no seatbelt, etc etc.

but i have given serious thoughts about going back to a more stock form since i have noticed lately that the more this persists, the more i DONT like driving my car. its kinda sick really.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

i don't ever have any problems (knock on wood) and don't really get that many people to rev on me or anything. Just a lot of people looking at it out of curiosity cause this car is kinda rare on the road. My father didn't know what it was when i bought it, nor did he care until i took him for a ride...

Make some adjustments like some of the other guys said, and i think you should be ok
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive never been pulled over in the evo,wingless or not.I just want to know what you bought your Evo for????
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

I dont get messed with either by the cops. I have only been pulled over 1 time in my evo and thats cause I didn't have a front tag. I knew what it was as soon as he pulled me over. I do get revved at all the time its a bit annoying but I usally just laugh and that pisses them off enough to take off.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kreionic
I dont get messed with either by the cops. I have only been pulled over 1 time in my evo and thats cause I didn't have a front tag. I knew what it was as soon as he pulled me over. I do get revved at all the time its a bit annoying but I usally just laugh and that pisses them off enough to take off.
really,people try to race me 1000x more when im in the GTi,its like guys around here are scared of it or they dont know what it is.Ive had a supra turn down a race because i have 4 doors.LOL
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Chris, its 100 trillion times worse here!!!!!!!

Arbi
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

alot of people like attention but if you dont want it then maybe a camry will keep you hidden.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

i actually painted my car flat black with gold wheels..haha..actually brought more attention to me..

anyways no i would never sell my car b/c of attention..my neighbors hate my car but oh well..sorry...nd it tracks attention yes but again who cares...would never sell it for that stupid reason
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
The cops could care less about imports around here. It's all the freaking ricers and young kids in SRT4's and other domestics that feel they have something to prove that **** me off. It happens all the damn time too. I mean it's a rarity that I can go 2 maybe 3 days without someone revving at me or screwing with me in some other way.

I realize that seeing an Evo is a special occasion for them. I just wish I could get them to realize that some dumba*s f*cking with me is an almost daily event for on my end.

Two weeks ago I had some jackass kid with a couple friends in a lifted Toyota pick up truck behind me at a light revving at me. I got on it a bit (quickly to the speed limit), I eased off and ran the limit for a couple seconds. I look in my rear view and he's up my a*s. Now he starts swerving and doing the ease off then fly up my a*s and ease off again thing.

So, finally we come to another light and at this point I've had it. The light changes, I go at a normal speed, from behind I hear squealing tires and he's doing a burn out (which I was kind of surprised about given the tire size). So, here he comes flying up my *** again.

At this point I figured I showed him how well my goes maybe he'd more impressed to see how it stops. He looked pretty impressed or maybe it was terrified either way he turned around in the middle of the road and went back to where ever he was going.

So, after 4 years of things like this and honestly just being ready for some thing new the Evo is for sale. I'm sure some 17 year old kid will get mommy and daddy to buy it for him and wrap it around a tree shortly there after. Which sucks but, at least it won't effect my insurance for a change.

Quick Reply: too much attention = car4sale?