Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BLACK It's finally here...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2003, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks

34 and counting...

And NO I won't be doing this all the way to zero......
Old Jun 12, 2003, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the club
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats and be safe out there! I think that you should try to focus on other things like knitting, crossword puzzles, working out square roots in your head, hell...perfect your love making skills ...... cause you aren't gonna get any friggin sleep until then!
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:04 PM

Congrats! Black was my original color choice, but I think my dealer jipped me for a silver, w/c ends up a blessing in disguise for a lazy guy like me (ie cleaning). I saw the black today at the dealer when I stopped by to get my cd player fixed -- Tarmac is devastating! And I think more rare than other colors. Break it in nice, I'll be hitting 600 mi tomorrow . Oh and, holla for PA EVOs!
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks...actually I'm out of town in a golf tournament ALL DAY tomorrow...so after that and Friday happy hour I think I'll either focus elsewhere or really go crazy...

I know sleep is out of the question...well maybe not after happy hour. I promised myself I wouldn't be lurking around the dealership trying to sneak a peek and fortunately I won't be here to be tempted....but I have a feeling the golf will suffer.

The first one I saw was silver and it looks great even dirty. My last four cars have all been black so I'm used to the cleaning routine and I can't change colors now. Black is a complete hassle to clean but in my mind nothing looks better when it's clean....assuming it's ever really clean.

My current (soon to be former) is an Eclipse GSX so I'm familiar with the turbo break-in routine and I'll be very nice to the new EVO. She won't see much tach until 1000 miles and wamr-up and cool-down will be flawless. Fortunately for me this is a street car only and I get my track time in other cars.

still counting the hours....
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Oops...forgot....Go PA Evos.....I've actually seent quite a few PA EVO owners out here.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

OK the dealership just called and it will be ready in 90 minutes......

89 minutes and counting.....
Old Jun 14, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

The EVO has arrived at home. Wow does the black look great in person. I already saw two people on my way home and reading their lips and expressions I couls see them saying evoooo.

I'll follow with more pictures and my initial impressions later.

Thanks again everyone....