Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Greddy E Manage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy E Manage

what are your guys thoughts on the Greddy Emanage system vs THe SAFC II and others systems. What do u guys run and what do u think works the best for a daily driver who wants to go fast?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

GReddy's E-manage allows a greater degree of add-ons and tuning precision, however I'm not sure how many Evos are using it at present or if anyone's had any successes with it.

I was originally going to use E-manage for my turbo Lancer, but after 6 weeks of backorders and a lot more patience than I should have exhibited I ended up going with the AEM EMS. For a piggyback though, the E-manage would be my weapon of choice (personally).
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

is there an AEM EMS for the evo?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It's in development. Hopefully they do all the R&D on that, unlike the premature release of the Lancer EMS.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

I imagine you could use the AEM EMS. It works on most DSM's. I plan on getting the e-Manage myself. I haven't done much tuning myself so I'm curious about the range offered by the e-manage. Specs say it can adjust injector duty by +/- 20% while the AFC goes up to 50%. 50% seems like a huge change that probably wouldn't ever get used but I'm not positive. Is the 20% adjustment enough for most uses?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

yea i am planning on making a trip down to AMS in illinois... and as of right now i am going with the Emanage
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully Al Friedman (Alfriedesq) will chime in here .... EManage is working very well for him. Where are ya AL?
Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the SAFC and a friend has the Emanage. I'd go with Emanage.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

If you've got an AWD dyno at your becking call, go with the E-Manage.. You'll need it for a while to tune it.. But it works damn good from what I've seen... But a lot of tuning time is required..
Old Jun 13, 2003, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

do you think you can just copies someone elses setup and run from there..
Old Jun 13, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TaiwanEvo
do you think you can just copies someone elses setup and run from there..
First of all - for the general question of the post - - here are the results of the emanage vs. the SAFC - - on the same car - same mods - only differnce the two piggy backs

SAFC - http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno3.JPG

Enamage - http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno4.JPG

You can see the peak HP is the same - However - the emanage allows you to adjust the timing curve to smooth out the areas where the stock car is seeing detonation (when you pull from the maf signal - karman - the cars moves to a more advanced ign curve which causes some detonation - thats why the originbal safc curve has so many dips)

Also - with the emanage - you can pump up the spool up and low end trq by advancing the timing - - you can see the amazing increase in trq at 3500 rpm

Finally the emamanage has much better resultion and a lot of extra and better features

I may be offering pre-programed emanages for sale in the future - - right now I am doing beta tests to see if i can develop a universal safe base map - will let you know in a couple of weeks - so far I am finding the emanage is VERY sensitive and makes big differnces with very small corrections so it may NOT be possible to share maps safely - - of course the issue will be how much HP you have to leave on the table while staying with something that is universally safe in all evos - - adding to this is the reality that there is a LOT of variance between different individial evos - anyway its a concept in the works - - in the meantime - I'm happy to share emanange maps with anyone who asks

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Jun 13, 2003 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:21 PM
EvoM Guru

COol , I might take you up on that offer to borrow a map. Im gonna order an e-manage but was a bit scheptical on my programing abilities. 390--thats plenty mustangs
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
First of all - for the general question of the post - - here are the results of the emanage vs. the SAFC - - on the same car - same mods - only differnce the two piggy backs

SAFC - http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno3.JPG

Enamage - http://www.pruvenperformance.com/images/aldyno4.JPG

You can see the peak HP is the same - However - the emanage allows you to adjust the timing curve to smooth out the areas where the stock car is seeing detonation (when you pull from the maf signal - karman - the cars moves to a more advanced ign curve which causes some detonation - thats why the originbal safc curve has so many dips)

Also - with the emanage - you can pump up the spool up and low end trq by advancing the timing - - you can see the amazing increase in trq at 3500 rpm

Finally the emamanage has much better resultion and a lot of extra and better features

I may be offering pre-programed emanages for sale in the future - - right now I am doing beta tests to see if i can develop a universal safe base map - will let you know in a couple of weeks - so far I am finding the emanage is VERY sensitive and makes big differnces with very small corrections so it may NOT be possible to share maps safely - - of course the issue will be how much HP you have to leave on the table while staying with something that is universally safe in all evos - - adding to this is the reality that there is a LOT of variance between different individial evos - anyway its a concept in the works - - in the meantime - I'm happy to share emanange maps with anyone who asks
Old Jun 14, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

yea thanks for your imputs, i think that i will stick with the emanage.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 07:06 PM
In Timeout

i got eo1/emanage.. goin put it on soon ill let u kno wsup
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

I may be offering pre-programed emanages for sale in the future - - right now I am doing beta tests to see if i can develop a universal safe base map - will let you know in a couple of weeks - so far I am finding the emanage is VERY sensitive and makes big differnces with very small corrections so it may NOT be possible to share maps safely - - of course the issue will be how much HP you have to leave on the table while staying with something that is universally safe in all evos - - adding to this is the reality that there is a LOT of variance between different individial evos - anyway its a concept in the works - - in the meantime - I'm happy to share emanange maps with anyone who asks [/B]

Hey Alan,

Did you get my voicemail? Looks like you're doing the emanage beta test w/o me...that's ok I decided to go w/ something else.

If anyone's interested in a brand new emanage w/ the ignition and injector harnesses, I'm willing to let it go for $330 shipped, PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: Greddy E Manage