Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Look like we're getting JAPAN Evo specs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2002, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look like we're getting JAPAN Evo specs

Looks like we're getting the JAPAN spec evo. I called friday to mitsu public relations office in southern cali (where the car is being tested). I spoke to Janice Little 1(714)372-6000. This ***** knows everything about the evo. She was telling me that i will love the evo. Then i asked her about a rumor about it being in the 250 horses range, she did yes that is confirmed by us but can't tell u exactly what it is going to be (she knows but can't tell me she says). Then i tell her well at least we know it's going to be in the 250 range because if it was more let say 262 then they would've said more the 260 not 250, she quickly interupts me and said i never said that. I kept on asking her question about other specs. I asked about the recardo, brembo brakes, momo ayc awd all confirmed. Trying too think about what else i could asked her release date jan or feb 03. I asked about the intercooler it's staying. Finally she says specs won't be announced until about 3 to 4 more months. THIS IS WHAT REALLY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. She tell me to go on the jap mitsu website to get all the information about the evo. Then i reply why would i want to know what the jap spec are if thats not what we're getting. All she said is go on the site for the specs. All u need to know is on the pfd for the evo 7. Mitsu never said that we wern't bringing the evo the way it is in japan. Why it's taking so long is the emissions, there trying to get around but going to be tuff. To me it sounds like we're getting the JAPAN spec evo what do u guys think. I think if we can call this lady and keep on bugging here u think she will say something
Old Mar 19, 2002, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Whoa, Deja vou!

Nick
Old Mar 19, 2002, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

WTF
Old Mar 19, 2002, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

My pointless babbling rant

Here is why I think this could be true. This has been my view for some time now, just been too lazy to type it all out. Again, this is only my view:

Mitsubishi is not bringing the Evo to North America (or anywhere else in the world) in order to make money on Evo sales. I'd be suprised if they sell it for anything much more over cost (but expect those jackass dealerships to try and make the money). The purpose of the Evo is "image". The right image can sell product, even if the product sucks. The Evo is Mitsubishi's flagship of performance and technology and they want to convey to the consumer the "image" that this performance and technology has filtered down into every vehicle they sell. If they succeed, they will gain the consumer's confidence, thus improving sales in all their vehicle lineups. However, in order to accomplish this, the Evo HAS TO KICK *** in it's original Japanese specs. It is not advantageous for Mitsubishi in their marketing image as a company to have a detuned Evo without the Recaro's or Brembo's or anything else missing from the North American Evo that we have all been afraid of. They just may invest the money for the extra R&D needed in order to keep a close to Japan spec Evo, planning to get greater returns from what the Evo does for the companies image.

But why a Jan.-Feb. 2003 release? I'm sure the North American Evo is finalized or very close to it. Looking at Mitsubishi's financial statements, it seems their fiscal year starts in the spring. Perfect time to release the Evo. Don't forget, when a company makes a decision they greatly consider how this may affect their stock price. A company not only tries to create the right image so the consumer buys their product but, they also try to convince those playing the market, so as to incease share value. Mitsubishi is also opening up dealerships throughout Canada almost the same time. If all of this works and comes together, their next fiscal year report will look very good, making Mitsubishi a more desirable company for investors to invest in.

I guess (if I'm making any sense) what I'm trying to say is, I feel the Evo will be very close to Japan specs when it arrives. I could go on a hole pile more but I got sick of typing.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Damn evo_dan. You never cease to impress me. VIVA EVO!
Old Mar 20, 2002, 05:06 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Yes, please continue evo_dan.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

My babbling may turn out to be a WHOLE BIG pile of B.S. Don't put too much into it yet. We'll all just have to wait and see for the "official" press release.