Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My car is not a amusement park ride!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one will ever drive my car, minus my GF and wes (because he has an evo). People will not hold them selves liable when something breaks on your car.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOBrad
I never let anyone else drive my car, but I'm always happy to take people for a ride. I think its cool that people think of my car as an amusement park ride.
bump +1

I will only take people for a ride now. and not even that often cuz i don't like beating on my car all the time. Every once in a while, maybe after a fresh tune up, okay. But sometimes people are rediculous... especially when they beg
Old Apr 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
Account Disabled

+3 i only give people rides no driving it here but people always ask and just keep on and on and its really annoying. Its to the point where i dont care to hear it but o well everyone that gets that should feel special cause you know they all admire it.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jdav79
Not even my wife drives my EVO!
+1 On that one.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

i only let my friends drive my car if i drive their class around the same class... my buddy has a twin turbo rx7 so its a fair trade off :P
Old Apr 29, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J8dailo
i only let my friends drive my car if i drive their class around the same class... my buddy has a twin turbo rx7 so its a fair trade off :P

Old Apr 29, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
acutally i let my honda friend drive my car, and he rode my clutch so bad, i felt the differnce, he killed 6 months of daily driving in 3 block driving
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To date only my dad and brother have driven it. I obviously have no problem with my dad taking it whenever he wants, as he is the one footing the bill, but the few times I've been in the passenger seat while my brother drove have convinced me not go let him take it out on his own (he drives an LS1 GTO and that's just a different breed in terms of how much abuse it can take). As for friends, only one has asked and I only turned him down because I promised my best friend he could drive it first outside the family, which has yet to happen. Considering he (the best friend) drives a 380 whp (soon to be ~500 whp) GTI which I've driven several times, it's more than a fair trade.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

You people are ****.

I'd let almost any of my friends drive mine as long as they don't ask to. That's the only, and fair, stipulation.

So far the people I've let drive it are: mom, dad, step-mom, step-dad, step-sisters, step-sister's boyfriend, best friend. I guess if I thought for a second that a 'friend' was going to do nothing but beat the **** out of it, I'd say no too. But my friends are respectful and wouldn't do anything stupid in it.

My parents and sisters aren't going to hurt anything. They're too afraid of the thing to take it above like 4k. As for my dad, and best friend, I encourage them to goose it a little and jerk the wheel now and again. They're not doing AWD burnouts or anything, and how else are they supposed to appreciate the car without feeling it?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

basically my wife and my brother. i did let my friend drive it cause he let me drive his STI.

my brother has his own evo
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Dude,

Just tell them you would be happy to take them for a ride. Feels faster in the passenger seat anyway.

If they don't understand you wanting to let them drive it you should not he hangin with them in the first place.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
does any one feel like thier car is a amusement park ride? i just bought a used evo last week and evey science i got it it seems like every one thinks they can just get in line and take it for a spin. from my friends to my familey everyone has to drive it. it kinda pisses me off and i feel really bad telling people that i dont what them driving it. but if i telll them no they cant drive it they get all pised off like im the biggest a$$ hole. It wouldnt be that bad but every time someone new gets in it all they do is trash it. they fly up and down back roads shifting at 6k every time. ill yell at them but they dont get the picture. my car has a ACT clutch in it and is kinda trickey for anyon who realy never drove a car like it before. it just pisses me OFF! i didnt pay $23,000 for other people to drive a evo i payed $23,000 for me to drive it. does anyone else feel the same as i do?

So dont let them drive the car..............
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

if they beg, they are usually begging to beat ur evo..... tell them to buy their own. all my friends are actually pansies and are scared to step on it so i dont mind if they drive.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:29 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

Only a select few drive my Evo. I am more willing to let an adult (35+) friend PARK it, than to let my close friends (20-25) sit in it while the key is in the ignition. I avoid certain places and people all because I know someone will want to drive it. Big props to my friend who let me beat on his 06 SSL before I bought my VIII. Now that I own one (that a clean religously), if it we're the other way around, I'm not sure I would be so nice. lol. What can I say, I love this damn car.

Last edited by 4DR; Apr 29, 2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Tell them "Hell No!!!" Nicely. There will be that time you let someone drive it, and when there done, so will be your clutch. You figure, if you're going to damage something in your car, it should be you to do it.

Quick Reply: My car is not a amusement park ride!