Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

390 wheel hp - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by Liandrin11
Curiously avoiding the nitrous question . So...what is it?
I believe their are at least two things he is not spraying. Nitrous Oxide and hair spray.....

Speedlimit...
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Speedlimit

I believe their are at least two things he is not spraying. Nitrous Oxide and hair spray.....

Speedlimit...
- what happend to my hair - man some hair spray would be nice for a change !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't give away too many secrets or everyone on the board will be runing 11's next week !!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq

I can't give away too many secrets or everyone on the board will be runing 11's next week !!!!!!!!!!
If you want to know what he is running, just see what he has for sale next week, when he totally revamps his setup again ...LOL

BTW Alfriedesq, send your info to the hall of fame. See my sig.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

I got Al's 12.07 pass on video. If someone can host it for me. It's a small file(181kb). It's an E-mail clip. Al didn't do too bad on Saturday. Good job Al.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TearItUpSports

If you want to know what he is running, just see what he has for sale next week, when he totally revamps his setup again ...LOL

Bro - thats funny ! You figured out my profile so quickly !!! Man its an illness - on my WRX I went through like 9 turbos and 4 exhausts. I do buy and sell parts a LOT

It really helps that the wrx and now the evo are so popular and the aftermarket is strong so you can usually recover most of your outlay on something you bought if its in good condition and is a decent product

I got a few things on the car which I will be improving upon and selling - - - but the things I did last week are all staying (unless I manage to get the hks turbo upgrade which i can't afford)
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVOLUTION/RC51
I got Al's 12.07 pass on video. If someone can host it for me. It's a small file(181kb). It's an E-mail clip. Al didn't do too bad on Saturday. Good job Al.
Thanks man - I am dying to see that video - the starter even told me my car was making an insane great sound - - - its the Quantum-racing header - that thing really makes the evo sound like a wrc

Please someone do some hosting !
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TearItUpSports

I sent it - thanks for making that - - - I am SO angry at the guy who is doing the dsm.org timeslips page - apparently - I heard he may work for a vendor and he wont post up your slip unless you are using parts he is connected with

I sent in my slips two times over there and it never got posted - a tunning shop who works with him said that he posts their slips within a day

SO - I say lets get the hall of fame to be THE bias free accurate and respected 1/4 regisrty for Evos like the www.scoobymile.com is for the wrx

Thanks again
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

He just doesn't want to before the race, but I am sure he will after. I think it is unfair for him not to post on this thread just because he cant disclose anything for his competitors.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius
Jedinite will host files for you.

BTW: there is no way you can make 390bhp at the crankshaft with 24 PSI on a stock turbo, not even with cams and and intercooler, so 390 bhp at the wheels means that either the dyno is not calibrated right or that you are using some additionnal forced induction or something.

One more thing:

If you dont want to share your experience, don't bother posting on and reading this board.
Very Agreed! Evos have been making 600hp for nearly a decade now. High powered and quick Evos and how to build them isn't a secret. We're just asking what have *you* done. There are plenty of imported Evos out there much faster. I've witnessed a 10 second Evo here in Texas. The fastest car owners I know don't waste their time in front of computers.

Also stripped and 103 octane tuned drag radialed cars are all well and good, but most owners aren't looking for that.

I've found what I would be very happy with when I pick up an Evo and change a few parts. With a very modest budget, making ~325 whp on pump gas and able to run low 12s is more than adequate for the road courses I frequent and run around on. Plus it's still quiet, just as docile as stock around town, but with plenty of grunt when the petal goes down.

If you are shooting for some Guinness record of the quickest 2003 Evo VIII or something you've got a ways to go, but good luck.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
He just doesn't want to before the race, but I am sure he will after. I think it is unfair for him not to post on this thread just because he cant disclose anything for his competitors.
What Competitors?

Bracket Racing? You're racing yourself!
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Not sharing how you are going to run 11's is like a Mustang 4.6 owner hiding his secrets to 12 second success. The 4G63 has been around for too long, and there are plenty running 9's and 10's.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Al,

You sure do know how to make friends here!
Keep up the good work though.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

BTW: there is no way you can make 390bhp at the crankshaft with 24 PSI on a stock turbo, not even with cams and and intercooler, so 390 bhp at the wheels means that either the dyno is not calibrated right or that you are using some additionnal forced induction or something.

One more thing:

If you dont want to share your experience, don't bother posting on and reading this board.
If you read my posts - you'll see I shared plenty of information with you all - from fuel pumps to dyno sheets and results of various other modifications

I share lots of things - even posting up pictures of my set up etc

Did you ever see my web page ????

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/alevo.htm

I think I have been a contributor here

That don't mean i'm obligated to tell YOU or anyone else everything I do with my engine

This all started as a funny joke to me - I was just teasing you guys - but now i can see how many closet haters there are abounding about here so maybe I will start to keep things a bit closer to the vest

If you don't want me to post up any more info on this forum then I won't make any more technical posts - no sweat -

I don't think you or anyone else can stop me from reading what ever is out in the public domaine - after all this is the United States and things work differently over here than they do over the pond where you are

peace

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Jun 15, 2003 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

or something.

Yes - something exactly !