Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

390 wheel hp - getting there

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Claudius

Finally, whether or not your car puts out what you claim (which does not matter to me in the slightest), you have clearly misunderstood what the Evo is all about by doing 1/4 mile runs with it.
Preach on brutha!

The Evo is a tarmac car, as is the STi. Unfortunately Claudius, here in the States, we don't compare track times as they do in Europe and Japan. We compare stupid 1/4 mile time slips.

If I wanted a 1/4 mile beast, I would have purchased a MKIV Supra.

It is cool to go and get a time slip for bragging rights, but abusing your car constantly is another issue.

Alot of good that nitrous is going to do him on a road course!
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blitz118

The Nate's Galant ran his quickest time yesterday, so the heat didn't seem to effect his times.

If you were spraying nitrous and with that giant front mount intercooler the heat shouldn't effect you that much.

If your going to run a summer slam in July the weather is going to be even hotter. Good luck though.

What size shot of nitrous are you running?
I was there with my WRX last year at the summer slam for three days - - intercooler hoses poping off like corks with 26 psi of boost on my Gt30 turbo and a 50 shot - - the difference was that even as hot as it was - - there was a lengthy delay between runs - up to one hour - which gave me plenty of time to ice the car off completely

Even though its hot out - the car can still make great power - I just dont like "hot lapping" my car like that - its particularly hard on the clutch and can cause a stock disk to melt and spot the flywheel - - they only gave us about 5 mins rest before the final round - saying that "you guys are running street cars, just go"

My moto is always to stay on the safe side - - be able to drive my car home and race another day

The galant was very impressive - a nice run and happy he went his fastest time

But then again - I went my fastest time yesterday also !
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

dude, did you run nitrous on that quick run or not?
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Claudius
Alfriedesq

your "contributions" have been nothing but wild horsepower claims based on a that very particular dyno that always showed higher numbers than what Evos normally get with the same modifications.

Your "contributions", for a few days, have also been full of repetitive and annoying links for that Pruven Performance website.

As others and even yourself have mentioned, you change parts of your Evo constantly; by reading and trying to understand the information on here and asking the right questions, you could avoid the expense of doing mods several times.

You are not listening, you are only bragging; except for the pictures the members here seem to like, your posts are basically worthless. What you may be discovering, others have known for years.

Finally, whether or not your car puts out what you claim (which does not matter to me in the slightest), you have clearly misunderstood what the Evo is all about by doing 1/4 mile runs with it.
Most racers of any kind support their sponsers and give props to who ever helped them get their cars ready - - no doubt you've seen stickers all over race cars - - thats why I mention pruven - cause they did me right !

I understand my threads are worthless - but at least it seems many people like to read them - in my i-club days I had many of the most posted to threads in the technical forums

Everyone has a differnt conception of what the evo is for - - I respect yours - - heck some fools actualy chop these cars apart and drive them throgh the woods - - In the US - drag racing is very popular and I tell you its loads of fun

We have some road courses here also and I'd love to race you on one some day if you ever bring your car over here - I could show you a thing or two

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Jun 16, 2003 at 12:56 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by AvatarOfWar
dude, did you run nitrous on that quick run or not?
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=377161
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by blitz118

The Nate's Galant ran his quickest time yesterday, so the heat didn't seem to effect his times.

If you were spraying nitrous and with that giant front mount intercooler the heat shouldn't effect you that much.

If your going to run a summer slam in July the weather is going to be even hotter. Good luck though.

What size shot of nitrous are you running?
Nate made a few changes to his car which helped him achieve a personal best (11.45) and had it been cooler his car also would have run a little quicker. Nate is one of the nicest guys you will meet who races, fixes and build DSM's. He helps anybody that ask.

I think Al is enjoying the speculation as much as running the 12.07. I was there in the morning but did not get a chance to look under Al's hood so I can't confirm. I honestly thought he had changed the turbo to get the reported HP; apparently he was spraying. Oh well...

Speedlimit...

PS Claudius

You should be proud of me. I was there at Englishtown, BUT the racepark also has an auto-x course which I spent most of the moring at.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

lol, he blasts a resputable shop's car like Buschurs because his is faster (nevermind the 50 shot), and then gets an earful from the nitrous haters. Al, bud, it wouldn't be as bad if you didn't keep trying to carry on a dick-wagging contest. 11's are great and all, but it's not much to go on about like you do. Other DSM's are running 10's and low 11's on boost alone.

Gratz on your runs, but I still have more respect for the shop cars running mid to low 12's on god given compressed air
Old Jun 15, 2003, 09:32 PM

claudius.. i think the one thing they are trying to tell you is that there is not much in the way of rally car racing here in the states. hell i have to drive three hours just to get to a drag strip or a road course.. now that is just wrong... depending where you live some have a very good choice of what kind of driving they do... but the big thing here in the states is HP, street races and drag racing...i have no idea where to go too rally even if i wanted to...
Old Jun 25, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Claudius, I think you are in the wrong about Alfreids posts and PMs,
Infact, his success so far with the Evo has brought tons of exposure and success to the forum that you moderate. You better check yourself and your big claim of 1050 bhp and counting????

How do you harness 1050 on a Roadcourse??? Come on to Texas and I will school you in my Supra, RX7, or hell pick your car and Texas roadcourse.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

honestly, i dont understand why some of you are skeptical. i have been to pruven many times and they are a bunch of good guys. they helped me out extremely when i was tuning my galant AND when i ran into problems. my galant ran exactly what all the other cars that were runnin my kit all over the country on their dyno (but then again FWD). I really dont understand why you are all flamin Al. i dont know the history that much, but why bash someone that shares the same interest as we all do. ARENT WE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER and share experiences because most of US here have the SAME or similar cars.

I think all you sayin the juice is BS...so what if he is juicin. i know plenty of guys that tune their car specifically for NOS.

Granted the 4G63 has been around for a while, but lets see....HOW LONG AGAIN HAS THE EVO VIII BEEN IN THE US...the answer is....NOT LONG. How bout we all just say CONGRATS and LETS SEE WHAT IS NEXT.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

SuperchargedGTZ

I'm on the same boat. I'm new here and don't know the history, but only from what I've read here and a few posts over on nasioc. Seems like many just don't like his uncanny modesty. When you're on top or on your way up there's always going to be those that want to pull you down....

To me Al's a guinue pig, our personal crash test dummy. (jk Al) . You know what I mean. If somethings going to break Al will be closer to finding out before many here. We now know what the stock clutch can take and what it's limits are.
He does a service by letting us know what he's done, what he thinks works, and what doesn't work, so many do not have to reinvent the wheel. Take his experiences for whatever it's worth and learn from them...

Last edited by n00dle; Jun 25, 2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

I for one am all for anyone who wants to take the evo to the next level in any racing form. Who is to say what he pursues is worthless? Anyone who says his findings and insight are worthless simply because he exploring the 1/4 mile is just ignorant. Improvements and great new ideas come from many different types of racing not only one form. Anyone who denies that is just plain stupid. the end. Keep up the great work Al!!!

bryan