Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some help here guys...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
I'm at work and not in my car but if I back out of my cubicle and spin around in my chair really fast and then try to stand up I fall flat on my face.

Did this help?
LOL best troubleshooting all day! That's how I felt last night!

To the OP as most people know the Evo is a noise *****. If it has you concerned, then it might be best to do as others have said and see if it's exhaust related. I would really dislike hearing about another Evo down with any engine related problems. I just got my forged internals the other day and am going to my buddies shop to get some help rebuilding the motor (not needed, just insurance for when I crank up the boost!).

Josh
Old Aug 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by srajeremy
im having this problem i put a new dp in and 3500 rpm the grinding starts and it stops and starts as i accel and decel like somthings moving. i looked underneath and nothings loose that i could see. ideas?
Chances are that it's your downpipe rattling against one of the crossmembers or your transfer case. You need quite a bit of clearance (a good 1/2" or more) cuz your downpipe will move around a bit. I would either go get some washers and longer bolts and mount the crossbars lower or wrap them in something to keep the dp from rattling. Not only is it annoying, but the car is probably picking it up as knock.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggie5252
Chances are that it's your downpipe rattling against one of the crossmembers or your transfer case. You need quite a bit of clearance (a good 1/2" or more) cuz your downpipe will move around a bit. I would either go get some washers and longer bolts and mount the crossbars lower or wrap them in something to keep the dp from rattling. Not only is it annoying, but the car is probably picking it up as knock.
thanks thats a good idea the longer bolts i didnt even think about that.