Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Covers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2003, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Car Covers?

Hey anyone out there find a decent car cover for the evo? I'll be going away for Military training in the Army again so I need a car cover. Please help

thanks
Old Jun 14, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the one you get from mitsu should be fine, you can get it for around $170 shipped from www.mitsubishiparts.com . pretty good deal considering mitsu is suggesting $255 for it. The good thing with these cover is that you can cover the big wing too. I'm gonna get that once I start my new job in metro boston and won't be able to drive the evo all the time.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb Evo 8 Car cover availability

CoverCraft now has a pattern (P/N C16400) for the Evolution 8(with "big" wing), Blue Ribbon Motoring (Retailer) is shipping the Technalon material aka "Evolution 4") for around $150. Will advise of fit when it arrives.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 09:34 PM

I have recently bought the car cover for the evo from mitsi. I decided to get that one due to the fact of the big wing. It is silver fits very nicely and even covers most of the wheels as well. One last note I did not pay the list price for the cover either. All in all I believe that it is a very nice cover, I have a cover for my MR2 that is just garbage the evo one is far better.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 03:54 AM

Re: Evo 8 Car cover availability

Originally posted by GT-One
Technalon material aka "Evolution 4"
I have this one for my 77 vette. great cover. always looked for one for my celica (trd kit) but they dont have one that fits. Its great they have one that they say will fit the evo8. Please let us now how it fits. It may even fit (but be a little big) my celica.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Cool Evolution VIII car cover fit

The Covercraft #16400 fits the Evolution VIII well, the rear wing supports are a bit tight on their leading edge with the cover, but experience with this material (Evolution 4) with past MR2 covers implies it will conform to car shape in the first week of exposure. Picture(s) will follow in future, for those interested. Note that the original cover is configured such that the exhaust pipe port on the right rear bumper is covered completely by the cover, and they have a sleeve on the roof for the Evo's antenna, as if it would be left on the car with the cover on! Looks pretty silly though if the antenna isn't there....
Old Jul 24, 2003, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Photos of Evolution 8 Cover

Here's some photos of the covercraft cover on the Evo.
Attached Thumbnails Car Covers?-evo-under-cover-rightside-net.jpg  
Old Jul 24, 2003, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Car Cover photo

And the front view
Attached Thumbnails Car Covers?-evo-under-cover-front-net.jpg  
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to show that some of us newbies do use the search feature.

Just ordered the Covercraft cover from www.autoanything.com (formerly Blue Ribbon), $150 + shipping (with lock and cable).

FYI, they have blue, tan, and grey and the EVO is not in the database, you have to call and give them the part number [C16400].

Thanks for the original info!
a
Old Apr 29, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

I bought one from Wal Mart for $20 that fits perfectly. It was the size bigger than the box recommended. Works to keep the pollen and sap off my car which is the only reason I bought it.
Old May 26, 2004, 10:50 AM

I originally used the factory silver car cover which covered the car very well, but was a pain to try and fold even in a light breeze. I then purchased a car cover from CalCarCover in red because it was a heavier material and was "custom-made" for my Evo; from day one it didn't fit and I couldn't return it as it was custom-made and red. I tried stretching it (don't ask), no joy. One day at work where I work as an ER physician the sprinklers came on and soaked my car and cover. When I went off shift in the AM the cover was 90% dry, but was so tight that I had to have help taking it off of the mirrors. I took it home and let it air-dry on the den floor and when I went to re-apply it it had shrunk so much I couldn't put it back on. Needless to say do not purchase a car cover from these people as they are junk and I have gone back to the factory cover as it fits so well and does the job.
Old May 26, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

I'm selling this brand new Coast car cover for our Evo. Good brand and good product. Only tried and fitted on the car once. Comes with lock and cable and still on the box. Bought it for $190. I'll let it go for $150 pick-up or $175 shipped. If anyone interested, just pm or email me.
Noel

Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
old thread bump...

Has anyone purchased a car cover recently? Model number and prices, and feedback if you have them. Thanks !
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:56 PM

I've actually had 2 covers from California Car Covers. The first one was the Noah special ordered for the Evo. Fit was great, even over the wing. I was pleased with the cover as my Evo was to remain outside for 2 years. After about a year and a half the sharper part of the wing edge started to tear through after all the rain weight would pull it down. Apart from that I was pleased.

The second cover was also a California Car Cover but this time I got the Evolution cover special ordered for the Evo. The cover was not as soft as the Noah but was still good. I made sure to reinforce the spot that failed on the first cover this time. So far so good. I will be getting the Evo back into my garage in a couple of months but I may still use the cover from time to time if I go for overnight trips (only drive Evo when weather is good or if I'm going to a track for some road course events)...

You may have to periodically wash it in a clother washer but only allow to air dry (no dryer) from time to time to prevent dirth seeping through but at least it's better than leaving your car exposed to the sun and rain and snow and bird droppings. The only thing I fear is hail. Not much you can do about that I guess except find a garage.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sir-eth
I've actually had 2 covers from California Car Covers. The first one was the Noah special ordered for the Evo. Fit was great, even over the wing. I was pleased with the cover as my Evo was to remain outside for 2 years. After about a year and a half the sharper part of the wing edge started to tear through after all the rain weight would pull it down. Apart from that I was pleased.

The second cover was also a California Car Cover but this time I got the Evolution cover special ordered for the Evo. The cover was not as soft as the Noah but was still good. I made sure to reinforce the spot that failed on the first cover this time. So far so good. I will be getting the Evo back into my garage in a couple of months but I may still use the cover from time to time if I go for overnight trips (only drive Evo when weather is good or if I'm going to a track for some road course events)...

You may have to periodically wash it in a clother washer but only allow to air dry (no dryer) from time to time to prevent dirth seeping through but at least it's better than leaving your car exposed to the sun and rain and snow and bird droppings. The only thing I fear is hail. Not much you can do about that I guess except find a garage.
Great information. Thank you sir.

Quick Reply: Car Covers?