Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IDC equation for Excel file??

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IDC equation for Excel file??

is there a IDC equation for excel so i can just make it go all the way down the log and see what my IDC's are?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

surprised no one has chimed in...okay here is what i did

use the link to double check your calculation

http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm

now i used the equation they used in the 1st paragraph

(rpm X IPW) / 1200 = IDC%

my method of computing this inside excel was to hide all the columns that were in between the RPM and InjPulseWidth columns...so you can easily view the RPM & InjPulseWidth next to each other

next insert a new column next to the InjPulseWidth...so you should see RPM, InjPulseWidth, new column(label this column IDC)

now click the first blank cell under the IDC column, then hover your mouse go to the top of the excel worksheet under the "insert" menu, select "function" option, then on the pop menu change the category to filter on "math & trig"

scroll down until you see the option that says "product", click ok, another popup menu should appear with the title "function arguments", where it says number1 just to the right of it you should see a red arrow, click it, now click a value from the RPM column (hopefully you select the RPM value from the same row where you want your IDC value to appear), now click the red arrow again to tell accept this value as your number1

repeat the same thing for number2...click the red arrow, go find your single InjPulseWidth cell value, click the red arrow to accept...now you are done selecting your two numbers to compute a product (RPM X InjPulseWidth)...hit the OK button

you should see some number computed under your IDC column...click that single cell...now look at the top of excel look for something that says in my case

"fx==PRODUCT(H379,X379)"...click inside that edit box and add "/1200" to the end so now it should display something like "fx==PRODUCT(H379,X379)/1200" and hit enter now you should get a computed IDC% number

click the newly computed IDC cell value...focus the mouse cursor over the lower right corner of the cell where you see a small black tiny square...cursor icon should change from white plus sign into a black thin plus...now hold the left mouse button and drag vertically down the IDC column until the last cell you want the IDC value to appear and let go of the mouse

this will tell excel to compute the rest of the IDC% for the empty cells under the IDC column

use the link that i posted at the beginning to double check the IDC% calculation