Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO VII vs. EVO VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2003, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO VII vs. EVO VIII

I'm really interested in getting an EVO VII, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. As far as I know, the JDM 7 performs better than the USDM 8; not to mention how much better it looks. If I did get the 8, I'd most likely de-altezza it and change the spoiler for an Evolution 7 spoiler. The only problem is the whole import issue. Won't it cost as much as a VIII to import a VII? Also, most imports don't come with a steering wheel conversion, do they? How much would one of those cost? I really don't know what to go for. I'd be disappointed if I knew I could get the 7 and settled for the 8 but I don't want to go crazy trying to import one.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 05:27 PM

Go here for all the answers to your questions: http://www.evolutionimports.net
Old Jun 14, 2003, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

To be honest, you're not losing much if you go with the 8. Sure, AYC and ACD are fancy acronyms throws at us but how often will you drive in a way that having them will make a difference? In fact, Claudius spent thousands to get his AYC removed on his 6.

Besides, importing a 7 is practically impossible as it needs to be federalized for street use which has not (and probably, will not) happen in the near future. A company here tried importing the 7 but from what I've read, they've made a complete hash out of it and many people have spent their hard earned money to get one, only for them to be returned to the company as they were NOT U.S street legal. Do a search for "evolution imports" and you will read all about company. Great idea, terrible execution....hope this helps!
Old Jun 14, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, here's the link
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=13553