Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Popping Center wheel caps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Popping Center wheel caps

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else but on a run down to Palomar today, my front two wheels center wheel caps popped out ! And they literally popped ( quite a loud sound ).

I was on a run with some friends and we had just come off a very twisty stretch of road. Drove gently for a mile or two and pulled up at the side of the road. Everyone was talking about this corner and that corner, when all of a sudden we heard this popping sound. Didn't realise what it was until a friend noticed my front right wheels' center cap was missing, then the left front wheels cap popped ! This one was easy to find because it popped onto the road ( about 8 feet from the car). The right one popped off into some long grass and took some finding.

Moral of story - if you're gonna do some hard driving take out your center caps
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

LoL that's funny $hit. Wish I could've joined you but been quite busy as of late. I haven't ran Palomar in a long time. Have had too many close calls on that road.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Evilution
LoL that's funny $hit. Wish I could've joined you but been quite busy as of late. I haven't ran Palomar in a long time. Have had too many close calls on that road.
I would have pm'd you, but I only got the invite Thrus night, and it was all organised through a friend of a friend.

All in all we had 7 cars, 2 540i, a M3, Porsche Boxster S, S2000 and a C32 AMG. Suffice to say the Evo kicked ***, albeit the S2000 certainly gave me a run for my money.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 03:35 AM

lol... you don't by any chance have any video do you?