Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP! I crashed my EVO

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! I crashed my EVO

Hey my evo spun out today and took it hard into a curb. Well my front lip is destroyed, thats a given. My question is....The front passenger wheel went up onto the curb, it was turned so all it did was smash the wheel up. Everything looks fine. The rear hit the curb and that was it, but obviously the wheel hit face side and only curb rashed it. Well we drove it around and the car drives straight, the steering wheel is now a few degrees off to the left. When we got back we noticed the rear passenger wheel is toed in a bit. Im hoping this is a control arm and that i didnt twist the frame.......has anyone been in a similar accident? Any insight would help. I have to wait till next friday to have it looked at so it will be bothering me non-stop............
Old May 5, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

what were you doing that you spun out and hit a curb? was this on public roads? how fast were you going? any pics?
Old May 5, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How did you lose it.
Old May 5, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

i wasnt going to crazy fast. Its a curved road and there is a right turn only. well someone was at the turn about to turn left which would have been cutting me off. Well they started to go and i steered away and the car spun out. Its alteady a tight corner and the *** was inn front of me and into the curb. Im not sure how fast i was going but it was fast enough to spin it out!
Old May 5, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is one of those time to take it in for front end work,...likely just alignment but you may have bent something as well...anything else from here is just a guess...time to suck it up..
Old May 5, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

something similar happened to me... I was making a turn, it was wet, I spun and my car ended up hitting a dirt bank (luckily) front first. I had to change: Intercooler, IC pipes, wheel fender liners, undertray and a whole new bumper. Everything else was fine. My crash bar was fine, maybe a little scratch or dent here and there, but nothing noticeable. THe steering is fine too. Im still in the process of putting my undertray back on and stuff... let me knwo if u have any questions... good luck!
Old May 5, 2007, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by badboybr09
something similar happened to me... I was making a turn, it was wet, I spun and my car ended up hitting a dirt bank (luckily) front first. I had to change: Intercooler, IC pipes, wheel fender liners, undertray and a whole new bumper. Everything else was fine. My crash bar was fine, maybe a little scratch or dent here and there, but nothing noticeable. THe steering is fine too. Im still in the process of putting my undertray back on and stuff... let me knwo if u have any questions... good luck!
how much did this repair cost you because i had similar work done minus the wheel well liners
Old May 5, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

less than $500... this is what the body shop is charging me.... I didnt do it yet. I bought an APEX SILVER bumper seperate from someone for 300 (it was almost brand new) and I installed the bumper myself. Bought an Undertray too. I also bought a new IC with pipes and installed it myself as well. What i need to do now is I need to bring the car to the body shop, have them install the bumper the right way (meaning with the new fender liners and the Undertray plus all the POP-pins) because the impact broke this little piece on the fender liner on the edge, its a little square where the bumper attaches too, upwards. you cant really tell, but I have to do that because it bothers me.. So i went to the body shop and theyre charging me 450, for both sides fender liners, push-pins, any missing screws, and labor. what you think?
Old May 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

take it to a alignment shop
Old May 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old May 5, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

It sounds bad.
If steering is off, and the alignment is visibly off, you have issues.

I'd call your insurance company. It's likely going to be more than your deductable.
Old May 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Bring your car to the alignment shop and have them look over your suspension for any bent or damaged suspension components. Also, replace all your damaged wheels and TIRES.
Old May 5, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

What was your speed at the curb? Coz me on weekends...i lower the psi of my tire and i can corner faster without spinning?
Old May 6, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, me and my roomate looked it over, the damage in front is my front bbs, and my carbon fiber front lip, The rear is the bbs wheel, and from or comparisons between the drivers side and passenger side. There is a bent controll arm. Im callin the insurance company between the two bbs wheels thats already more then my dedutable, not to mention my front lip, and it could be more then one suspension component. This could be a expensive fix, but i guess thats what insurance is for!
Old May 6, 2007, 03:43 AM

tell the insurance company that you turned fast to miss a deer or something. I did that last year in my 350z. I have 100 comp deductable and 500 collision deduct, and since i told them that, i only had to pay the 100 bucks instead of the 500 collision.

Quick Reply: HELP! I crashed my EVO