Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

350z To Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350z To Evo

If anyone here went from a 350z to an Evo please let me know how different it is. Is the evo that more convient and what does the z have that the evo does not. Also is it cheaper to maintain and are you happy with the Evo.

FYI: I want to know before i sell or trade in my Z for an EVO. and please dont be bias.

Old May 5, 2007, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

welcome mate.

the Evo has much much better power per dollar ratio. AWD will feel different than RWD in that the car more or less drives itself. the room is MUCH better in the Evo (great back seats room) and the trunk is much more useable. if you havn't driven a 4 cyl. turbo car you'd have to get used to turbo lag a bit under 2500rpm (compared to the vq35's low end torque anyways) - esp. in LA traffic. but it's not that bad; the Evo IX with mivec the spool is very good IMHO.

you're in socal so if you buy your Evo from South Coast Mitsubishi (great prices) you get free oil changes every 3,500 miles.

wear and tear items (clutch, brake pads, etc) will depend on how much you abuse them. My Evo hasn't cost me that much yet in maintenance after 22,000 miles (only changed tires, and 15k miles service (mainly tranny/diff fluid change - $200-ish)

oem tires are crazy pricey, most settle for Falken RT615 255's all around which you can get for around $600 mounted and balanced in socal.

stock brake pads are not worth the price to most ppl, you can look into ferodo's ds2500 which is relatively cheap from a specific website for front and rear. my pads are still all good, because i dont drive like a maniac on the streets.

check www.socalevo.net for more research on how much maintenance items cost at where.

most importantly test drive an Evo, and check with your insurance company how much more or less the Evo will cost ya.

good luck

Last edited by fusionchicken; May 5, 2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 5, 2007, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

i got a evo right after my 350z. the 350z was more sporty to me just because its a 2 door 2 seater. the evo is defntly alot faster tho. if i had both in front of me and could choose either i would choose the evo..
Old May 5, 2007, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

z has a better shifting feel, its alot lower and the seat sits alot lower(evo felt like going to a truck to me), evo handles better and is faster. i was really dissapointed in the speed of the z the few months i had it. both cars have great strong engines, and are both expensive as hell to mod.
Old May 6, 2007, 12:12 AM

Ok not that it really matters much...mmm maybe it does but do you get alot of compliments with the EVO...From what type of ppl (i expect mostly just younger guy crowds). Any girls complimenting on it?
Old May 6, 2007, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

haha, yea, i get ALOT more compliments for the evo than the 350z. everywhere i go, i met a friend at baylor(where all tha rich peeps go) and as i was driving through the parking lot all the people out side were like that is soooo bad @ss, all i see there are bmw's and and stuff like that
Old May 6, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have a Z, but I do have a G35 and I love it. Would I trade it in for a EVO, tough choice, but if I had a Z, which is made to be a sports car, then yes I would get the evo, if thats what you are going for.
Old May 6, 2007, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No bro, 99% of girls think the evo is hideous. They dont understand why we spent so much on a 4 door with crappy interior. But you shouldnt care if people are in aw of your ride. I hate drawing attention to my car, more chance of vandelisim and tickets.
I came from a G35 coupe. Although not a fast. It was a quick car and handled like none other on HKS Coilovers. I dont like turbo lag, And the bilstein has too much body roll for me. But holler at me in 3 weeks when im on megan coils with 300whp, and ill prolly tell you something different.
Buy the evo. You miss the Z, but not all that much...
Old May 6, 2007, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

I went from a 05 Z to a 06 Evo.
Never looked back to be honest. The Z's interior is obviously nicer, looks sportier, but thats about how far it goes.
You can make the evo go MUCH faster for MUCH MUCH less. I look at it as, Mitsu had a budget, just like Nissan had a budget, they decided to put alot more % of that budget into plain ol performance, vs Nissan putting alot of money into some performance, but looks/creature comforts.
If you want a car that is gonna whoop the Z's ***, get the evo. If you just want a "poor mans porsche" car keep the Z.

Edit:
Heres my old Z and my Evo when I first got it.
Old May 6, 2007, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Porshe, big wallet, small d*ck.
Old May 6, 2007, 02:03 AM

EVO = Performance,Room
Z = Looks, Interior

Tough!
Old May 6, 2007, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

try test driving one..
Old May 6, 2007, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Sexyyyy.... nice choice in colors!!! EB FTW!!!
Old May 6, 2007, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Just do it.. I had a 2006 MB Enthusiast 6MT 350Z.. loved it so much but it was draining my small pockets and I wasn't getting enough..

now the evo with my small pockets does more than I ever thought it would be able to do.. 404AWHP with less than 4G's spent.. not alot of platforms can't do that bud..
Old May 6, 2007, 03:48 AM

had a Z, traded the Z, forgot about the Z.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quick Reply: 350z To Evo