Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing and some customers at the track

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez-us you guys should enter that thing in the in the Sport Compact USCC. I bet it would be quite the contender.

Anyway, awesome work and cars as always guys.
Old May 8, 2007, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Imagine how I feel going 156.92 and a 10.3 pass this weekend - I think I can relate to your feeelings (it could be worse though)
Al your car is crazy, i got a chance to see it in action this past sunday at E-Town....even though your upset with the results, it looked amazingly fast going down the 1/4...it sounds nasty as well....

what happened the second time around after the qualification run?
Old May 8, 2007, 06:00 PM

s=i=c=k
Old May 8, 2007, 06:02 PM

Great times.
Old May 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Wish I could've been there my friend to see it all go down!!!! Your little private rental of the track totally reformatted my list lol- I can't say how awesome it is in the first place that you even rented the track out- I mean how many other shops do that for their friends and customers.

I'm telling you man, you're setting the standards right now.
Old May 8, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Dave and JRod! Sweet times! Wish I would of made it.
Old May 8, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
justchil, you knew me...........I wondered where you went after we looked at the throttle cable. You got a 65mm TB from us at the shop? Make sure you get the intake ported to match or the gains from it will be very little if any. Sorry to hear about your clutch.

I just thought that I didn't see invoiceEVO there either, Pete. I was looking forward to seeing him go 10's before he left for Iraq. If you are reading Pete, what happened to you? Be careful over there!!

No need to thank me Trent for letting you drive my car, are you kidding me?! I'd need a powerglide to ever go 9's the car! Get ready buddy, you are really going to be doing some driving this coming weekend.
Old May 8, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

We did not rent the track. A group of guys from Columbus rented it, we just paid to get in on it. Very cool having the track to yourselves so you can actually make passes.

I have applied for the SCC Ultimate Street Car competition twice. Never got accepted. They don't want a real car there
Old May 8, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Dave,

Great times on the cars...I think your work is awesome. I owe you guys a great "thanks" for the Stage 1 on my EVO IX MR you did back a few months. I just won a Top Tuner at a local Flash Light drags....beat out some STI's, WRX's, M3's, and AWD Eclipse with NOS.

I plan on going to Stage 4 and turbo upgrade. But unfortantely over the weekend I screwed something in the transfer case I think. I know tomorrow what the bad news is....

I noticed you are still running on the stock transfer case, so evidently they can handle the horsepower. I guess I need to stop launching the car at 7000 rpms.
Old May 8, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

My car has been blessed and by talking about it I sure hope I don't jinx it for this weekend. My T-case has broken before, this is the 2nd one. It is a stock RS Tcase. The driveshaft, rear end and axles are also stock. A lot of breaking has to do with the launch and wheel hop. Wheel hop will kill the parts very quickly. Not sure if it is the suspension, drivers or the fact the car spins with the power it makes but it just hasn't broken many parts.

The launch RPM is 6800 and it leaves with a few pounds of boost.

Glad to hear you are happy with the parts and congrats on your win.
Old May 9, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We did not rent the track. A group of guys from Columbus rented it, we just paid to get in on it. Very cool having the track to yourselves so you can actually make passes.

I have applied for the SCC Ultimate Street Car competition twice. Never got accepted. They don't want a real car there
You applied with your RS?
Old May 9, 2007, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Ahaha wow- well still- I haven't seen any other shops doing anyhting like this. So far Buschur is the only major shop thus far to show much in the drag racing scene this season.

Maybe the other tracks aren't open yet?
Old May 9, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

I just thought that I didn't see invoiceEVO there either, Pete. I was looking forward to seeing him go 10's before he left for Iraq. If you are reading Pete, what happened to you? Be careful over there!!
Dave,

Pete ended up getting shipped out earlier than he thought so he didn't even get to go to our local track last week.
Old May 9, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

knightracer, that really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing him at this rental.
Old May 9, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Don't you have to get voted in by the readers? If so submit it and then let everyone know so we can get your car voted in to kick some ***!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing and some customers at the track