Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing and some customers at the track

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing and some customers at the track

Today we had a track rental that we got invited to at Norwalk Raceway.

Beautiful day, clear, sunny, high 60's. Just a gorgeous day.

First off I want to say thanks to Bobby K. and Eric N. for bringing out their EVO's with the Green turbos on them and putting down record and near record times.

Bobby's car ran 10.92 at 130 mph on the green, setting a new all time MPH record for the Green and is now 3rd place for all time on ET>

Eric's car ran a best of 11.15 and a best mph of 128.7 mph. After so many back to back runs the clutch was getting to hot and starting to give up. Eric is a good set of tires away from running a 10 second pass too.

Great job to both of you guys and thanks for allowing us to be part of the build of making your cars fast.

Next I have to thank Trent, our welder and my friend for coming out and driving my car.

Yesterday we had my RS out at the High School Nationals along with Jarrod's just to set up a display. I made an attempt to run it, I don't even want to discuss how badly I sucked. Point is we took the car out there in the trailer and brought it back in the trailer as we needed to have a place to set up and hang out.

I was speaking with Al last night and told him it was in the trailer and I was just going to trailer the RS out to the rental today. He told me, "Bro, you can't trailer that car to the track, Bro, you big thing is that it is a true daily driver, you have to drive it."

I thought about it and decided he was right. I took the car out of the trailer and we drove it to the track and of course, drove it home.

I have a dual stage boost controller in the car. Low boost and high boost.

Trent gets in the car for the first run.

1.72 sixty foot
6.91 @ 109.23 at the 1/8th
10.43 @ 141.78 mph

There was some excitement and hollering from spectators, I was not impressed. How can the car be making another 100 whp and run the same MPH as last year, is what I was thinking. Then I remembered the dual stage boost controller.

I got back to meet Trent in the pits. Looked in the car and sure enough boost was on low. The car had just ran 141.78 mph at 30 psi of boost. Now I am impressed.

I hit the high boost.

Next run was much better.

1.69 sixty foot
6.63 @ 117.82 mph at the 1/8th
9.96 @ 148.23 mph

ET is slighty better than last year, MPH is up by 6 mph.

Next run

1.70 sixty foot
6.57 @ 117.48 mph at the 1/8th
9.90 @ 148.04 mph

Last run was the best as the car was getting faster each run

1.64 sixty foot
6.45 @ 118.11 mph at the 1/8th
9.779 @ 148.27 mph

Consistent 9 second runs. Drove the car to the track, changed absolutely NOTHING. Not the tires, not the exhaust, didn't take anything out of the car.

The car is crossing the finish line in 4th gear at 9500 rpm.

Just for some reminders of the points I feel are important, as some don't think they work etc:

DOT approved radials, NOT drag radials.
BR 3" V-band exhaust with our bullet muffler
BR ported stock intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
2.5" 02 housing

What a great day. A few years ago I'd have never thought it was possible to run a 9.77 in a legit street car that you drive everyday.
Old May 7, 2007, 07:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep pushing the envelope, we'll gladly follow along and benefit from your R&D...thanx...
Old May 7, 2007, 07:13 PM

WOW very nice times. i wish i had a daily driver that would run a 9.77
Old May 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which tires you run on that beast anyway? MT ET Street radials?
Old May 7, 2007, 07:22 PM

Damn Dave!

118 in the 1/8?! 148+ in the 1/4. Flava Dave at his best. Great Job Bro!
Old May 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats. VERY impressive runs, Dave.

l8r)
Old May 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Today was a ton of fun! That RS of yours is a MONSTER! Tim and I were watching the video of it on the way home tonight. I will have him post it as soon as he figures out download it onto the intraweb.
Old May 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

thats sick!!!
Old May 7, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

did jarrod run his car???
Old May 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled

that is one hell of a DD...
Old May 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nesiop
Which tires you run on that beast anyway? MT ET Street radials?
+1
Old May 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
that is some serious DD'age right there haha

congrats and much praise
Old May 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
If Tim doesn't mind, how about getting the video footage to Jarrod and then Jarrod can put something together of our three cars, and Jarrod's.

Oh, forgot to mention Jarrod's car had a new best today. 10.8 at 131 I think on the 3065.

My car was running on Toyo Trampino's.
Old May 7, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, this is why we all appreciate what you do, you don't just build "fast" cars, you drive them, your customers drive them, and most importantly you race them.

Congrats, keep kicking *** and changing your beliefs on what can and cannot be done Maybe 9.50's driven to the track

Scorke
Old May 7, 2007, 08:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Today we had a track rental that we got invited to at Norwalk Raceway.

Beautiful day, clear, sunny, high 60's. Just a gorgeous day.

First off I want to say thanks to Bobby K. and Eric N. for bringing out their EVO's with the Green turbos on them and putting down record and near record times.

Bobby's car ran 10.92 at 130 mph on the green, setting a new all time MPH record for the Green and is now 3rd place for all time on ET>

Eric's car ran a best of 11.15 and a best mph of 128.7 mph. After so many back to back runs the clutch was getting to hot and starting to give up. Eric is a good set of tires away from running a 10 second pass too.

Great job to both of you guys and thanks for allowing us to be part of the build of making your cars fast.

Next I have to thank Trent, our welder and my friend for coming out and driving my car.

Yesterday we had my RS out at the High School Nationals along with Jarrod's just to set up a display. I made an attempt to run it, I don't even want to discuss how badly I sucked. Point is we took the car out there in the trailer and brought it back in the trailer as we needed to have a place to set up and hang out.

I was speaking with Al last night and told him it was in the trailer and I was just going to trailer the RS out to the rental today. He told me, "Bro, you can't trailer that car to the track, Bro, you big thing is that it is a true daily driver, you have to drive it."

I thought about it and decided he was right. I took the car out of the trailer and we drove it to the track and of course, drove it home.

I have a dual stage boost controller in the car. Low boost and high boost.

Trent gets in the car for the first run.

1.72 sixty foot
6.91 @ 109.23 at the 1/8th
10.43 @ 141.78 mph

There was some excitement and hollering from spectators, I was not impressed. How can the car be making another 100 whp and run the same MPH as last year, is what I was thinking. Then I remembered the dual stage boost controller.

I got back to meet Trent in the pits. Looked in the car and sure enough boost was on low. The car had just ran 141.78 mph at 30 psi of boost. Now I am impressed.

I hit the high boost.

Next run was much better.

1.69 sixty foot
6.63 @ 117.82 mph at the 1/8th
9.96 @ 148.23 mph

ET is slighty better than last year, MPH is up by 6 mph.

Next run

1.70 sixty foot
6.57 @ 117.48 mph at the 1/8th
9.90 @ 148.04 mph

Last run was the best as the car was getting faster each run

1.64 sixty foot
6.45 @ 118.11 mph at the 1/8th
9.779 @ 148.27 mph

Consistent 9 second runs. Drove the car to the track, changed absolutely NOTHING. Not the tires, not the exhaust, didn't take anything out of the car.

The car is crossing the finish line in 4th gear at 9500 rpm.

Just for some reminders of the points I feel are important, as some don't think they work etc:

DOT approved radials, NOT drag radials.
BR 3" V-band exhaust with our bullet muffler
BR ported stock intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
2.5" 02 housing

What a great day. A few years ago I'd have never thought it was possible to run a 9.77 in a legit street car that you drive everyday.

David - you made me eat my words!

I remember two years ago when Trent who drives over an hour each way to work at your shop said he wanted to have a daily driver 9 second evo to commute to work at your shop with I said it was impossible to have a evo which could go 9's and be streetable enough to run 9's

Now you have your car - with DVD player and surround sound, door beams, full heat, etc etc etc (essentially a regular street driven Evo) with radial tires and normal brakes going deep into the 9's with a trap speed that is amazing.

I guess I learned once again not to underestimate Buschur Racing !

BTW - the 130 mph on the green is impressive also !

Congrats

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing and some customers at the track