Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Working on my EVO review.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003 | 11:26 PM

Working on my EVO review.

Great to find a mitsubishi/evo-specific forum.

Just dropping in to say hi. I'm working on my review of the EVO for the next edition of Northwest Auto Sports Magazine, so I'm not an owner but I like to keep up with forum activity around specific models--hence why I'm posting here.

And, if you hate my review, can can now flame me personally

Between our interview with Mitsu's pro rally driver Lauchlin O'Sullivan and the review of the EVO (includes cover photo), our next issue is shaping up to be the Mitsubishi-love-fest-issue.

Cheers,
Old Jun 17, 2003 | 11:49 PM

It better better be a "Mitsubishi-love-fest-issue". Because if it isn't...

*gives menacingly look*

jk

Welcome to evom
Old Jun 17, 2003 | 11:53 PM

Ryan,

I look forward to reading your review. As a fellow journalist, I can give you my professional opinion later if you like.

Please post the link when the article goes live. Thanks.

- David
Old Jun 17, 2003 | 11:59 PM

Car reviews are posted only after that issue of the magazine goes "off sale," so that means you won't see it online until October! I see you're in Oregon...you can pick up a copy at Price and Pride markets, Fred Meyer, 7-11 and other miscellaneous stores. And, starting with the next issue, we'll also be in Barnes and Noble and Borders stores...

Last edited by ricochet; Jun 18, 2003 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 12:26 AM

Ryan,

Are the reviews more detailed in the magazine than on the Web Site? The ones I read on the site seemed short. They didn't have much meat on them, you know what I mean? Just curious.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 12:30 AM

Yes, the articles currently on the site were from a previous tech-lifestyle mag that I used to write for (Tekbug Seattle). The format on that one was fairly short. The first issue of Northwest Auto Sports just hit shelves late last month, so the articles from that edition aren't up yet.

Last edited by ricochet; Jun 18, 2003 at 12:33 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 12:44 AM

Ryan,

Ah, gotcha. Got your PM, PM'd you back.

I used to live up there in your neck of the woods. I've lived in Kent, Des Moines, Federal Way, Auburn, Tacoma, bla bla bla, the list goes on. Those are my old stomping grounds. Still have family up there. I'll definitely check out your mag.

- David
Old Jun 18, 2003 | 05:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Hi,

I read your recommendation in the "Need to make a decision in 10 days" thread here. Oh... by the way, the "Need to make a decision in 10 days" thread was apparently time sensitive; your response 27 days later was ..... well...... 17 days late. Are you on deadline for this article?

We are 8 for 8 in major mag comparos; lost one to a small publication in a heavily VW biased "sprockets" review. We are not use to loosing mag reviews and should your article contain negative comments relative to our beloved EVO........ duck.

Welcome to the forum!

Speedlimit ...