Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

From what I have heard and read,,,we will be waiting.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont expect the STi anytime soon, look around 18 months before the release of the STi unless subaru moves up the date due to the EVO being out in spring 03.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

I think the EVO VII will sell all day long at $30K. However, The dealers in my area that I have talked with said expect to pay quite a bit over MSRP since only 3,500 EVO's are to be produced for the US market. I have only heard this from the three dealers in town. All 3 dealers claimed that 3500 number was announced to them at the 2003 Eclipse launch party?

I have no doubt that once the EVO makes the cover of Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Automobile, and Road&Track that their will be a complete frenzy over the car.

I am not worried to much about it since I am now 1st in line with price negotiated at one of the only dealers in TX willing to accept a deposit on an EVO this early.

Oh it's going to be sweet too when the EVO looses out to the Mini Cooper for Motor Trend car of the YEAR

Regards,
EJ
Old Mar 21, 2002, 05:13 AM

Sorry Evo-Dan, I was just having a bad day, I have a WRX in my garage, its my brothers and I want an Evo next to it to kick its ***. I thank everyone for there replies, and pounding me, I kinda needed it, it makes me feel better knowing I am not alone in the wait

cheer!
Old Mar 27, 2002, 09:24 PM

Nobody really knows anything at this point other than it will have OVER 250 hp and will be here in JAN 2003.
True, but will keep us in the dark purposefully, you see they will prevail by having a superior product to the wrx and STI but leaking any news about the product gives SKUBARU time to react and change the STI prior to that release
The STi is not even officially anounced. If it does happen, it won't happen that much before the Evo
No, the STI will stress will happen, it's SKUBARU's ability to compete with the evo, the palin wrx won't hold a candle to the evo.

What has been missed is a hole in between the OZ rally and the evo- these guys are clever watch them come out with a new model between the two- I'd call it a RMR edition!
Old Mar 28, 2002, 04:33 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MR.MITSU
What has been missed is a hole in between the OZ rally and the evo- these guys are clever watch them come out with a new model between the two- I'd call it a RMR edition!
That is exactly what I've thought for a while now. They need something between the OZ Rally and the Evo. Plain and simple.