Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

no 6th gear.......

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
So....your saying your on their 3rd evo. And your tried to top end it. Spun out. Threw it in reverse like gone in 60 seconds. Spin forward. Threw it in 1st and all this happened at 35mph.... that's some awsome driving!

come on now...i was doing so top end runs. AFTER the runs i went on a back street with another car and di some more lower runs. turned around and then it started doing it....you guys are smart i tell you
Old May 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

ive never had this problem before in any of the other evos. just wanting some input on what could be wrong, not smart *** answers
Old May 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You sure are demanding for someone who was being completely stupid by doing top-end runs, not to mention losing tons of money by trading in a new car on another new car. There is no simple explanation for why you don't have 6th gear. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Old May 20, 2007, 07:02 PM

Do you normally drive with your hand resting on the shifter? It is possible, even with very low mileage, to bend some forks and screw-up some synchros just by resting your hand on the shifter or shifting too hard.
Old May 20, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scottro.
Do you normally drive with your hand resting on the shifter? It is possible, even with very low mileage, to bend some forks and screw-up some synchros just by resting your hand on the shifter or shifting too hard.
wtf? i didn't know you can mess up your synchros just by placing your hand on the shifter...
Old May 20, 2007, 08:33 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03hurley
come on now...i was doing so top end runs. AFTER the runs i went on a back street with another car and di some more lower runs. turned around and then it started doing it....you guys are smart i tell you
How about everybody just ignores your question cause you just seem exude e-thug.
Old May 20, 2007, 08:37 PM

Some Mitsu techs and other decent tranny guys that I know all say the same thing. Keep your hand off it so that you are not putting unwanted stress on the forks, cables, etc., etc. I use to be one of those guys who just thought that Evo trannies were garbage,(still kinda do) but after the 3rd rebuild, even when going easy on it, I decided it was probably the way I drive. Havn't rested the hand there ever since and havn't had any problems.
Old May 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Some Mitsu techs and other decent tranny guys that I know all say the same thing. Keep your hand off it so that you are not putting unwanted stress on the forks, cables, etc., etc. I use to be one of those guys who just thought that Evo trannies were garbage,(still kinda do) but after the 3rd rebuild, even when going easy on it, I decided it was probably the way I drive. Havn't rested the hand there ever since and havn't had any problems.
thanks for the input, this could be why maybe. i had no idea this could happen either but ill get it checked out and see
Old May 20, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You sure are demanding for someone who was being completely stupid by doing top-end runs, not to mention losing tons of money by trading in a new car on another new car. There is no simple explanation for why you don't have 6th gear. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
so im completely stupid to see what my car can do? and i didnt lose any money trading it in, because i know someone that works at a dealership in sales. quick to assumptions.

and thats basically it, there is no explanation to it.....it just happened. ive never had this happen before or delt with it. so thats why im asking
Old May 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

umm yeah and my evo is as cool as a R34 LOL