Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Proven MPG's increase technique

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a good question... I have a w/b coming, with my newly repaired laptop probably next week. I will know then.... I know that if you search some of malibujacks threads, it may have that info.
Old May 21, 2007, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car usually runs in closed loop, that means it uses the feedback from the O2 sensor to maintain 14.7 AFR. The transition to open loop is is not a definite point across the operating RPM of the engine. It actually changes to open loop based on load and throttle position, throttle position measured in volts. The transition is USUALY around 25% throttle. Hope this helps answer your question.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i really believe its impossible to get the mpg you speak of unless that was crusing at 60mph in one long trip. like i said before my average is 17mpg and if i drive like a grand ma and never hit boost and never shift past 3k i can get maybe 19mpg. if i drive even slower like your asking i cant amagine geting any more than 20-21mpg. my stock auto 97 accord only gets 22-23mpg.
Old May 22, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by riceball777
i really believe its impossible to get the mpg you speak of unless that was crusing at 60mph in one long trip. like i said before my average is 17mpg and if i drive like a grand ma and never hit boost and never shift past 3k i can get maybe 19mpg. if i drive even slower like your asking i cant amagine geting any more than 20-21mpg. my stock auto 97 accord only gets 22-23mpg.
I'm not asking you guys to drive slower on the streets but instead drive with the lowest rpm as possible. If your street speed limit is 45, then instead of cruising in 4th gear at 3k rpms cruise in 5th which is in the low 2k rpms.