Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

officer gave me a break

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
That was a very informative write up. Most of those things I knew, but I did learn something new. I got pulled over numerous times when I was in recruiting and most times I just got a warning except when I was being pulled over by Texas DPS. Troopers don't have any mercy for the military.
I disagree. My brother is in the Air Force National Guard, and he has gotten off quite a few times, once when he was twenty for having a tapped pony keg in his backseat (two days before he went to basic).
Old May 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Did you reward the good cop with a donut?
Old May 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

the cop was probably checking out your headlights haha, your gfs headlights
Old May 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Draco-REX
There's a great thread over at IWSTI.com that goes over what to do when you're pulled over. I highly reccomend reading it because it has a lot of details that many people don't think of.

How to manage a traffic stop.
Awesome link. Follow that one to the T. All in all you gotta stroke the cop's ego, and let him feel his power.

Remember the kid in in grade school who bullied kids for their lunch money? Cops are along the same lines...
Old May 21, 2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
Dang Thomas bet you were sweating when he pulled you over! You must have done some smooth talking to get out of that!
LOL! No smooth talking here, I was just lucky.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 918Evo
I disagree. My brother is in the Air Force National Guard, and he has gotten off quite a few times, once when he was twenty for having a tapped pony keg in his backseat (two days before he went to basic).
Do you think I give a rat's a$$ that you disagree? I was speaking about my experiences not your weekend warrior wingding brother's experience. During my three year stint in recruiting I got pulled over around 20 times while driving my GOV (g-jet) while in uniform and I only received warnings from city and county law enforcement officers while being cited by DPS.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:25 PM

Congrats on getting off i'd never be that lucky.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:26 PM

Congrats on getting off i'd never be that lucky.
Old May 21, 2007, 03:48 PM

dont wanna jinx my luck but i havent gotten a ticket yet and ive been pulled countless times.. One such event I straight up was racing this STi that pulled of a gas station right in front of me ( this is before i totalled my girlfriend in TB) and we raced light to light for about 10 minutes. the cop finally pulled one of us..and of course..it was me..I told him the truth..I just got back from Ramadi Iraq and skated death acouple times so i wanna have fun..He had a tear in his eye when he backed up to paces and saluted me and said his brother died a marine he gives me all the respect in the world. he said slow it down and take it easy and pulled away.
Old May 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

The magic thing to do is to politely ask to be let go, and state your reasoning.
You will be amazed what you can get if you simply ask for it, in traffic stops or life in general
Old May 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been let go two times....but it was not as nice as yours.....it was in my Type-R hahah ROFL...I had just got it....did the California roll through a stopsign and an unmarked police car pulled me over....proceeded to ask me if I was "fu<king Speed Racer"...told me to stop driving like and a$$hole and then told me to go home....

Second time was July 4th....police van pulls me over asks me why I took a 25mph turn at 35mph....I told him I was doing 25mph and that I was watching my speedo because I saw him following me....then he asks where I am going....guess he thought I was driving off to get drunk or something.....then I told him I live a block away....he checks my license and then sees that I do...then tells me to be safe.....
Old May 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Second day I had mine I got a ticket for going 70 in a 65 in MA.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:51 AM

lucky
Old May 22, 2007, 09:06 AM

i got pulled over for speeding but the cop let me go bc he said he races evos on the track and respects them
Old May 22, 2007, 09:38 AM

I haven't been pulled over in my Evo yet (since summer 2006).

Now, because I posted this, I'm going to get pulled over.