Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Aftermarket Clutch feels like stock? is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Clutch feels like stock? is this possible?

My car was semi-flooded and my aftermarket clutch was uninstalled and then reinstalled by my dealership.

Before the flood, the ACT street heavy duty clutch felt very short, not like the stock which is long.

AFter the dealership put it back on, it feels like a stock clutch. I saw them put the ACT clutch on the tranny, but i did not see them install it.

I asked them many times if they did put the ACT and they swear they did. Car feels good, just liked it when the ACT caught short.

any pointers?
Old May 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
well, to strat, the pedal feel should feel "heavier" if they reinstalled your ACT clutch. There really isn't a lot anyone can say; i guess you just gotta go with what the dealership told you.
Old May 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

You can get aftermarket pressure plates with stock feeling and more clamping force, but I'm not sure about your situation if they installed the exact one. Your clutch pedal doesnt neccessarily have to feel heavier
Old May 20, 2007, 11:16 PM

was your restrictor pill removed prior to the flood? I have a Exedy twin disk and since the evo is my DD I left the restrictor pill in and it feel exactly the same as stock. Without the restrictor pill I'm sure I could kick a soccer ball a miles at a time by now..
Old May 21, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by caLi4G63
well, to strat, the pedal feel should feel "heavier" if they reinstalled your ACT clutch. There really isn't a lot anyone can say; i guess you just gotta go with what the dealership told you.
....or you could have someone check it out. A good mechanic can see it without taking the car apart.

I don't see a point for a dealership to put another clutch in (even if stock, it'll cost you a lot more than ACT)
Old May 21, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

My ACT feels like stock also.. You can just tell that it engages great when released.. The distance for engagement can be adjusted, and maybe thats what the dealer did for yours.. Go launch yo schit.. If you smell burning clutch, you got the stocker back... Hahahaha.. Juss kiddin, I'm sure it's still the ACT..