Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Watch out ! Evo police

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
corprate pays 1/2 to 3/4 of what we pay the dealers to fix our cars and thats why if they can they will try to talk you into paying out of your poket. most dealers pay flat rate which means you have a certain amount of time to do a job to make money and theres a book to tell you what a job pays what , and the is a price for warenty work and theres a price for costomer work thats why i dont bring my car to my dealer but thats me there are dealers out there that think ahead and realize you could be a repeat custermer and do there best buy you.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

where is healey mitsu....i believe i live somehat close to goshen.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

I heard healey is really cool about stuff... i'm probably about 2 hours away and am considering going there...
Old Jan 16, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Hey,

WTF ARE YOU GUYS COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I bought my EVO even after the f*cking dealers told me that there isnt and never will be any warranty on anything.... i repeat NO WARRANTY....

But the beautiful thing was, within 1 yr, absolutely nothing went wrong... exactly after 1 yr.. the clutch went.. at 30K km.. fine.. changed that... now the central diff is clicking... ahh f*ck that... i change a new one when it goes kaput....

AT LEAST you ppl have some warranty....
Old Jan 16, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Angel Of Mercy
Hey,

WTF ARE YOU GUYS COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I bought my EVO even after the f*cking dealers told me that there isnt and never will be any warranty on anything.... i repeat NO WARRANTY....

But the beautiful thing was, within 1 yr, absolutely nothing went wrong... exactly after 1 yr.. the clutch went.. at 30K km.. fine.. changed that... now the central diff is clicking... ahh f*ck that... i change a new one when it goes kaput....

First of all I don't plan on modding my car when i get it. At least I don't plan on doing it any time soon. I am far from rich and won't have enough money to buy any worth-while mods anyways. Plus i think if you are already going to drop 30k on the car, why should you have to drop another 2 or 5 or 10 or whatever within the first year or two. It doesn't make sense.... If @ healeys they'll put an intake, exhaust, etc warrentied i'll pay a little extra to keep the warrenty in tact... Just my 2 cents...
Old Feb 2, 2004, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Angel Of Mercy
Hey,

Whoever fed you that line of complete and utter nonsensical horse **** can sit and spin. Look in your owner's manual. You have a factory warranty. Take it to another (hopefully reputable) mitsubishi place if something goes wrong. Any dealership in the country is obligated to honor the factory warranty since it is backed by Mitsubishi itself, not any one dealer.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:18 AM
DGS
Evolving Member

Originally posted by machron1
Any dealership in the country is obligated to honor the factory warranty since it is backed by Mitsubishi itself, not any one dealer.
Um, which country would that be?

Check AoM's tag lines: Location: Brunei Darussalam

That's just a smidge out of the FTC's jurisdiction.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

I totally agree with jman245 in his reference to their (Mits) ads stating the car can go 0-60mph in 5.1 seconds. IMO you should be able to do that on EVERY start EVERY time you drive it and it should do that without breaking. They didn't just advertise the car was "fun to drive" or "feel the excitement" they gave a specific number and the damn car should hold up to that.....PERIOD. FYI I have never done better than 5.6 seconds as meaused on a G-Tech.

And just a reminder Max Madsen Mits in the Chicago, IL area is to be avoided if you can. They talk out both ends too. Starting with the infamous "plate" that can be removed to add BHP and continuing BS aplenty.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by machron1
Whoever fed you that line of complete and utter nonsensical horse **** can sit and spin. Look in your owner's manual. You have a factory warranty. Take it to another (hopefully reputable) mitsubishi place if something goes wrong. Any dealership in the country is obligated to honor the factory warranty since it is backed by Mitsubishi itself, not any one dealer.

Well, first you need to stop and look at what car he's talking about. It's not a USDM evo. While we here in the states have warranties on all our cars, other countries do not. Do a search of 'australian evo manual'. That should be in english and spelled out clearly enough.

d
Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:56 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Bump, bump bump it up!