Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Watch out ! Evo police

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch out ! Evo police

Still dont know where they based their info, but Walker Mitsubishi in Renton, WA reported to MMA that my car was drag racing and tried to deny me any warranty service. Looks like they completely twisted and fabricated stories to make it seem like I abused the car. They may also troll the board for info on who races their cars in an effort to void your warranty. Dealers like these, who try to sell you a high performance car, then expect you not to drive it like their promos portrayed (and be a snitch when you do) should be classified as a "must avoid" dealership.
They also sell Subarus, so I have no doubts they will do the same to STi owners too.
Here is a link to my regional post on this subject.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=27162
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Wow they suck and whats they're problem anyways. Did you buy there jman?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

ah mitsu can go **** themselves, i like their cars, but they can go **** themselves
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by BLKEVO8
Wow they suck and whats they're problem anyways. Did you buy there jman?
No, I got mine at Bellevue Mitsu but tried to set up an service appt with Walker. Funny how they do little chit-chat with you while at the counter about how your car performs, then turn it around and say that you raced/abused it. They even tried to ask leading questions to get me tp say that I power-shift, rev match and heel-toe even though I never attemped it. They are the lowest of low to try to even pull that crap on me.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Unless something goes wrong with my OZ Lancer they'll never see the car ever again! And that's what I told the salesperson when they called to see how it was and told me a service attendant will call in 3 months for the oil change:

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Don from Cooksville Mitsubishi, can I speak to Jeff please?"

"This is Jeff"

"Hi, Jeff I was just calling to see how the Lancer is doing, if you're satisfied and to let you know that Michael from service is going to call you in about 3 months for you're oil change"

"The Lancer is fine, one of you're grease monkeys scratched a rim when putting on the lockin wheel nuts, and I can honestly say you or you're service people will never see the Lancer again"

"Ughhhhhh sorry to hear about the rim (Notice how he doesn't offer to replace it), what do you mean we won't see it again?"

"I mean that when you saw me drive it off the lot that's the last glimpse of VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX you will ever see again"

<click>

"****er hung up on me"

That's Mitsu for ya
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:44 AM

hahaha I remeber getting a call like that from mitsu and they said they'll change my oil for free!!! But I hate those basterds over there. They screwed me over on the Evo (paid 37,000 for it) and then after they screwed me on that they tricked me into a $1200 POS alarm. But I canceled the check after I found out what a POS that alarm was. I ended up paying them $600 for the Lojack and alarm.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jman425
.. to get me tp say that I power-shift, rev match and heel-toe even though I never attemped it.
Well, I'm not familiar with power shifting, but rev matching and heel toe shifting are going to protect the clutch and tranny from wear more so than normal usage. There's no reason that those are justification of abuse.
-N
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:14 AM

Powershifting is effectively shifting without fully releasing the clutch. You keep the gas pedal down while you only use about half the clutch travel to shift hard and fast.

It's insanely hard on the tranny, but you don't have to be too worried if you're good at it. An inexperienced power-shifter can destroy his transmission like that though. On some cars it's not even possible.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Walker Renton Mitsu has very good techs though. Joe and some other guy both have 400+hp DSMs. They are pretty cool to work with. The salesman, and everyone else their can lick my ****. They have $12k markups on their EVOs also, you can imagine they will be sitting there for a good year, maybe even two.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

I agree that they may have some good people like the techs you mentioned, but their service manager calls the shots and they reported my "racing" to MMA.
And yeah, if shifting without using the clutch is how you define powershifting, the they (the service guys) were telling me how to do it, even though i told them that i wouldnt want to try it on my baby. A little case of trying to entrap me, I would add.

Last edited by jman425; Jun 19, 2003 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:51 AM

Re: Watch out ! Evo police

Originally posted by jman425
Still dont know where they based their info, but Walker Mitsubishi in Renton, WA reported to MMA that my car was drag racing and tried to deny me any warranty service. Looks like they completely twisted and fabricated stories to make it seem like I abused the car. They may also troll the board for info on who races their cars in an effort to void your warranty. Dealers like these, who try to sell you a high performance car, then expect you not to drive it like their promos portrayed (and be a snitch when you do) should be classified as a "must avoid" dealership.
They also sell Subarus, so I have no doubts they will do the same to STi owners too.
Here is a link to my regional post on this subject.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=27162
You are all wrong. Mitsu dealers want you to service your vehicle at their dealership even for warranty work because they get paid for it. They won't trick you to get you to have to pay out of your pocket! And when you have a problem with the dealer its not a problem with all of mitsu its just the jerk dealer. This car is meant to perform but not to be nuetral dropped and ran sideways.

James Barrett
Healey Mitsubishi
Goshen, NY
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Funny how the guy from a dealership is defending the dealer****s. Perhaps he can explain why my dealer**** has been such a bunch of dicks about my ****ty paint. Or Jman's f-ed tranny. Or any of the other dozens of dealerships that we've heard about giving their "customers" crappy service... If it's really the case that they get paid for working on our cars how come it's such a frickin pain in the ***?!

Signed,
A pissed off owner of a paint chipped 02 OZ

Last edited by engineerboy; Jun 19, 2003 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by engineerboy
Funny how the guy from a dealership is defending the dealer****s. Perhaps he can explain why my dealer**** has been such a bunch of dicks about my ****ty paint. Or Jman's f-ed tranny. Or any of the other dozens of dealerships that we've heard about giving their "customers" crappy service... If it's really the case that they get paid for working on our cars how come it's suck a frickin pain in the ***?!

Signed,
A pissed off, paint chipped, 02 OZ owner
Its funny how car buyers never say good things about their dealerships. Where are the 3500 good experience evo owners with their stories?? And let me guess, your paint was chipped when you picked up your car the day you picked it up but didnt say anything ....
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

It chipped while driving under normal driving conditions. The chips were first noticed less than 2 months after purchase of the vehicle. And the reason that we never say anything good about dealerships is that there ISN'T anything good to say.

It's also funny how you didn't answer my question about why delerships are so hard to deal with when there's an issue. If, as you say, they're paid to work on our cars.

Yeah, let's poll the 3500 Evo owners and see how good their stories are.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The paint on the '02 and '03 Lancers is absolute ****. It wears, discolors and chips extremely easily. Some people have had far more serious problems with it than others, but it's still a common problem. I suppose our rear control arms at tip top too?

Anyway...that's not what this thread is about.

jman, I'm assuming (from some of your earlier posts) that you actually did take your car to the track, right? If so, the odds are especially stacked against you. I dunno what to tell you about the 4-5 problem, but I hope a more reputable dealership will take up your cause and help you out.

Yes, service performed under warranty still means a pay check from headquarters, but why do that when they can pull a fistful of cash out of a customer's *** and (potentially) overcharge for parts, service and/or labor? People's warrantied (sp?) services have been denied for even less.

....and back on topic again, good luck to you, jman. From the sound of things you're gonna need it.

EDIT: As for saying good things about dealerships, mine was very friendly and very nice when I bought my car and for my first oil change. They honored a price that they had offered months earlier though they were selling OZ's for hundreds (if not over a thousand) more by the time I actually bought. They were quick and friendly for my first oil change as well. Now I have no reason to go back, and I doubt I ever will unless there's something wrong with my suspension (pretty much the only untouched part of my car right now). Good and friendly service is EXPECTED of dealerships. That's like congratulating a fireman for putting out a fire. It's their job and it's what you expect.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jun 19, 2003 at 12:21 PM.