Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No bumper support people

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No bumper support people

Just wondering. If you were to remove these and you got in an accident, would the insurance company still cover the claim? They are safety equipment so I would think it would be hard. Any feedback from people who removed them. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Not a chance. If they find out that you knowingly compromised the integrity of your vehicle's safety structure they will laugh at you and deny all claims. This is the reason I don't advocate buying a JDM IX rear...that and the fact that it doesn't offer any significant aerodynamic benefits
Old May 31, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Those bumpers are NOT for passenger safety. They are to minimize vehicle damage in very low (<5MPH) collisions. Cars sold in the U.S. are required to have these in hopes of keeping repair costs low, thus reducing insurance costs. Whether or not insurance will still cover you depends on your insurance company. If they catch you they might put up fuss about it... but who knows. I doubt you'll find anyone that was refused coverage for removing the bumpers.

Last edited by ShiftySVT; May 31, 2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 31, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ShiftySVT
Those bumpers are NOT for passenger safety. They are to minimize vehicle damage in very low (<5MPH) collisions. Cars sold in the U.S. are required to have these in hopes of keeping repair costs low, thus reducing insurance costs. Whether or not insurance will still cover you depends on your insurance company. If they catch you they might put up fuss about it... but who knows. I doubt you'll find anyone that was refused coverage for removing the bumpers.
+1