Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fix engine or sell as is? serious issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it was all due to oil deprivation...apparently it only had 2 quarts in it when they drained it at the dealer. Which i guess is my fault here, i normally dont check my oil a lot and hadnt since my last oil change. They won't cover it even though i told them it burned the oil and all. I raised a lot of hell at the dealer and mitsu corp and they wont do anything.

I was trying to sell the car before. I own a business and needed something more practical. I was just driving it somewhere nice so i could take some pictures for auto trader when all this **** happened. If I didnt already have another car i would trade it in on something but i already bought something. Sucks, at this point, i just want to get the most money out of it i can. I am just not sure what the best route is. It only has13k miles on it.

AHHH!!!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cactice
Well it was all due to oil deprivation...apparently it only had 2 quarts in it when they drained it at the dealer. Which i guess is my fault here, i normally dont check my oil a lot and hadnt since my last oil change. They won't cover it even though i told them it burned the oil and all. I raised a lot of hell at the dealer and mitsu corp and they wont do anything.

I was trying to sell the car before. I own a business and needed something more practical. I was just driving it somewhere nice so i could take some pictures for auto trader when all this **** happened. If I didnt already have another car i would trade it in on something but i already bought something. Sucks, at this point, i just want to get the most money out of it i can. I am just not sure what the best route is. It only has13k miles on it.

AHHH!!!

dude if you dont have any mods i dont see what the problem is. Fight it!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

did you do the oil change yourself?? if it is how the hell you only put in 2 quarts??
Old Jun 1, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by oldscholevo
did you do the oil change yourself?? if it is how the hell you only put in 2 quarts??
Originally Posted by Cactice
They won't cover it even though i told them it burned the oil and all.

It burned the other 2.5-3 quarts, not that it wasn't in there.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Well sucks. But either way you won't make your money back.

But if you change your engine you have a better chance of selling the car than with blown. It will take you quite a while trying to sell evo with blown engine for $20K, better chances with replaced engine and trying to sell for $25K
Old Jun 1, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

This thread makes me want to jump out of bed and go check my oil
Old Jun 1, 2007, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

I check my oil every time I wash my car....usually once every 2 weeks or so.
OT, but I check tire pressure at least once a month too.
Small things like that can save you big $$$ in the long run.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully you can get mitsu to warranty
the motor.
Else do the right thing, get it fixed and sell it on. Don't pull a fast one man...I'm sure
you wouldn't want someone doing that to you.

My .2c
Old Jun 1, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

If you don't want to loose too much money. Sell your other car and put the money into the build and remember to check your oil Seriously though, a good build should not cost you more than 5K if your crank is good. It just needs to be polished and balanced.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

i would just put the car to stack and go to the dealer good luck
Old Jun 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I would push the warranty issue as long as you can and see what happens until they throw you off the property and then try another dealership.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerMRguy
I would push the warranty issue as long as you can and see what happens until they throw you off the property and then try another dealership.
yap thats what i would do
Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:49 AM

Fight for your rights!!!!!!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:25 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ill buy it for $6000 ASAP

alright, I understand the frustration of having an engine dead at 14,000 miles only but like everybody say here, you are better off getting a new one, a stroker, modifying it, etc. if they deny you warranty. but if you did not change the oil since buying the car then it denies you the warranty. even with mobil 1, the oil gets dark easily with the 4g63 turbo.

Last edited by sblvro; Jun 1, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
It burned the other 2.5-3 quarts, not that it wasn't in there.
ya ok. it burn that much oil..
if it burn that much. all you see is smoke at the back of your car.

Last edited by oldscholevo; Jun 1, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:02 PM

I change all the oil myself so they are giving me quite a bit of bs with that. It was definitely full when i changed it at 8k. It was due for an oil change, i just didnt get around to doing it.

I pushed the warranty as far as I could with these bastards; at the dealer as well as mitsu corp. They told me that I can go ahead and sue them because they are not paying for any of it. It's really the dealer that screwed me first, they are complete jackasses and try to get out of everything possible. FYI dont go to Mark Mitsubishi Scottsdale for service or sales. They were a pain when i bought the car so i ended up going to another dealer instead. However, they are only one mile from my store so i use them for service. I am starting to have a love hate relationship with my car here...

I think I will just have the dealer fix it (as much as i hate giving them more business) and then try to sell it for 25k or so. I'll get these guys back one way or another. Thanks for the support!

Quick Reply: fix engine or sell as is? serious issue