Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Please Help! Car Idling strange

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just get it checked out via logging the car and seeing timing, idle, etc....
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Alright I drove the car to the mitsu dealer and they tell me the MAF is damaged but they are for sure.. the parts and labor is going to be 800, I dont want to spend that kind of money and not know for sure its going to fix it.

They also tell me there computer doesnt come up with any codes because i have after market parts and a testpipe with cel fix.

I drove the car to the Dealership and on the highway it drove pretty well a few misfires etc but it made it there no problems.

Do u think i should give them the go ahead to order the parts.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats the labor for installing the MAF? Hope its not a lot because it only takes 5 minutes. Did you notice the honeycomb being crushed or damaged?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

they saw the honeycomb thing crushed..but i dont know how it happened cause i was working on the car the whole time..I got the MAF for 420 next day air to my house and im going to put it in myself..Mitsu called and said they will not work on my car any more until it is stock.

I still dont see how the MAF got damaged. and there is no check engine light after driving it for 20 mins to mitsu