Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

402 wheel HP - 414 ft lbs - Evo VIII - my newest dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EvoJimbo
Nice step up AL. Every week it is something new. I gotta see it at Nanuet and go for a ride.
Iwill be there tommorrow night !
Old Jun 21, 2003, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy crap! a 3037S! nice! that should take u to 400+ without spray!

im thinking of that kit, but its crazy $$$$'s!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

sweet
Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
totally..
Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

As much as I respect your tuning on the Evo, I think nitrous is a cheap way of gaining hp, while also running the risk of damaging your engine. From the two dyno sheets, it is clear that your car relies very heavily on nitrous for hp. My Evo is at 355.4 whp without the intercooler upgrade or the intercooler pipe kit. I feared that upgrading the piping or the intercooler would lead to a increase in lag, and a overall decrease in power. I may be wrong, but from the numbers I am getting, it seems the stock intercooler is VERY efficient. Regardless, good work...just be careful with nitrous.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:48 AM

i disagree - nitrous is a safe way of boosting horsepower in a car as long as it is done correctly to prevent running lean or stretching the limits of the hardware. in fact, i would even say a 50-shot of nitrous is safer than a running increased boost on the turbo to acheive the same improvement, due to the fact that nitrous only comes on when you choose to activate it. nitrous is a very good way of adding some punch to those lower rpms until the turbo kicks in. ...just be careful upping your boost.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey teamdomokun what dyno was used when your car was dynoed? and also what engine management are you using?
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

wow you continue to amaze us AL.... I will be there soon! just maybe a bit later

-Shahul
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

teamdomokun-

i dont agree with the following:

1.) wet nitrous done right is not dangerous
2.) u got 355whp with those three mods u have listed in your sig???? u have no a/f control?? if that's true.. it has to be some kind of record.. could u let us know what u've done?

i somewhat agree with the intercooler part u said though.. although the intercooler piping should not add lag.. but it IS a very nice IC core.. capable of running efficient beyond 400whp
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius

I see. I got a passenger ride with Satoshi Saitoh in the Bozz Speed Evo a year ago; that had a 3037 turbine as well. They claimed 500 bhp. Boost was 1.8 peak. Very laggy, didnt go until 4500 rpms.
was that evo stroked?
I wonder how the 3037 would spool with a stroker - - - also there are several different sized 3037's - what size was that one ?
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Al,

You gained 71hp and 107lb torque with the nitrous and you say your running a 50 shot. Gaining that much horsepower and that much torque does not equal a 50 shot of nitrous.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by blitz118
Al,

You gained 71hp and 107lb torque with the nitrous and you say your running a 50 shot. Gaining that much horsepower and that much torque does not equal a 50 shot of nitrous.
He said the non-nitrous run was with a "street tune".

I.e. less agressive boost/timing/fuel/etc.

That's the rest of the difference...
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

The RMR i/c pipes has ZERO effect on HP - - to me the only advantage with them was that the rmr air intake caused my stock i/c pipe to come very close to the fan shorud and I wanted to swap them out before it got cut and also b/c it was a nicer spot to wount the nos sprayer - - the stock pipes with samco hoses do the same job

As far as the intercooler is concerened - - the stock one is certainly nice

BUT - after I had the Blitz fmic kit on my WRX - (which is just about the same exact size as the stock evo one) - I yanked it out and went with the giant Pruven custom set up when it was time to set up to the GT30 garret t3/t4

IF you want to make serious power on a turbo car running high boost the stock intercooler is going to require you to run much richer and with less timing than a real serious intercooler like the pruven one

Sure - its good enough to do the job - but after having already had a great intercooler I know how much of an edge an intercooler can give you

BTW - there is ZERO extra lag or reduction in throttle response going with the Pruven Intercooler

Just bolting it in with no other changes is good for 10 plus ft lbs and much more to follow if you tune the car
Old Jun 21, 2003, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

i'm guessing (correct me if im wrong al) that the 402 run was tuned to the max (boost/a/f/timing) with a splash of race fuel? in order to see what your power is when going to the track..

Quick Reply: 402 wheel HP - 414 ft lbs - Evo VIII - my newest dyno sheet