Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: DO you want to go
Yes I want to go
91.67%
No I dont
8.33%
I want to, but dont want to pay
0%
I just want to go and watch
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Renting a track for the day

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renting a track for the day

Me and a few friends are going to be renting Willow SPrings Speedway track from 8-5 PM. Before I rent it I wanted to see if people would come.

It could cost about 100-200 per person. I am also paying to have an on site tow truck driver incase anybody needs to be towed off the track and an ambulance for emergencys. Hopefully going to get a lot of cars and will turn into a car show. Not sure of the price yet because we have to pay for the rental fee, and a 5 million dollar liability insurance policy. Price includes catering as well, there will be some sort of a bracket racing for cash. Its a 2.5 mi 9 turn track.

Basically I will own the track for 9 hrs. We can race as many times, but we have to have rules. Everybody cant just start driving.
People not respecting this will be thrown out. Everybody going must sign a liability form that releases me of any damages to your car or personal injury.

When: Not sure... Want to see if people will come and are willing to pay up front for us to buy everything.

e-mail me with any questions.

we are hoping to do this in the next month or so

WHERE IS WILLOW SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY?
* WSIR is located approx. 90 miles North of downtown Los Angeles, California.
* WSIR is on the north side of the "Antelope Valley" area, in southeast Kern County.
* WSIR is physically located at 3500 75th Street West and Rosamond Blvd. in Rosamond, CA. - just 6 miles West from Highway 14 and with easy freeway access!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 01:47 AM

Sounds sweet...too bad I'm in Illinois!
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

will it be on weekday or weekend?

Last edited by DA-Evo; Jun 26, 2003 at 01:56 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 06:43 AM

Add me to the list.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like fun. If my some freak of nature I live in CA by the end of the summer, I'll go.

But some things to think about.....

Have you ever organized this type of event before?

What are you doing for course workers?

How will you get qualified driving instructors? You'll need one for every track entrant who has been to less than 3-5 times at that specific track....driving that exact configuration of the track.

Does your insurance actually cover "bracket racing" or just drivers instruction? I bet the coverage you are looking at will only cover a drivers instruction type of event.

Who is fronting all the money to do this? It will cost you in excess of $10k to get everything in order....and you'll want to have everything in order before you start accepting peoples entry money.

Putting on a good, organized and safe road course event is not easy. Don't underestimate all the work that is involved.

SC~

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Jun 26, 2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 07:00 AM
Account Disabled

Go to a NASA event. It will save you lots of money and headaches. NO you won't get the track or 9 hours to yourself. But the cost is going to be prohibitive. You get all your friends together and hang out in the pits and eat and talk. Renting a track is just too expensive for some one off play day and NASA already has insurance, medical crew, and they are pretty relaxed on rules. All you need is a helmet and they will even let two people go in the same car. OH almost forgot, they usually have driver instructors there, so it's like a drivers school as well.
http://www.nasaproracing.com

I don't have a NASA club in Illinois, but sure wish we did. SO this isn't some kind of PSA for NASA. Just trying to help.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

NASA Events are great! I've been to a few aroud these parts. Here in the North Texas Region, Sport Bike Hype ( http://www.sportbikehype.com/ ) has been organizing awesome track days. Bikes and cars. Works great Drivers and Riders can switch back and forth giving great driving and cooling down/thinking time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=27519