Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Inspection garage did some serious damage to the EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
thats what everyone has said to me so far. people are like "man I would have flipped out" or "they would be taking me away in handcuffs" but what would that solve and how would that help the situation any? the answer is it wouldn't.

Accidents happen, its not the first time something like this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. don't get me wrong, I am upset this happened because my car is out of my hands for who knows how long and I'm now driving around a damn colbolt instead of MY car.

Yes its an EVO but if you look at the big picture its still just another car.
What a very mature response to an accident. Sometimes we all forget that these things happen and never does anyone intend for these things to happen, hence the word accident. As you note, it's note the first and won't be the last. And who knows, maybe next time it'll be your fault and you'll deal with someone like yourself.

Cheers to you!
Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

ouchhh
that kid is lucky

paint>>??>>
Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Some states use rollers. They did in VA until recently when they switched to only checking the OBD-II for CELs.

AlwaysInBoost, you're basically paying the state. The inspection station doesn't get much, and they don't have a clue if your car is AWD - it doesn't have an AWD sticker on it anywhere, does it? Yes, it would still be their liability if they put it on the 2wd rollers, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least have some common sense and check. I thought every Evo owner knew to check that when getting an emissions inspection...
in our shop no matter what we pull the car on the dyno because the cord for the obdII test is not very long... does not mean we are going to run it on the dyno. only cars that need to be dynoed are 95 and earlier. it's good they are taking care of you it seems that's all you can hope for
Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Is that the Monroe in Sinking Spring? I wouldn't take my car there if you paid me..
Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

that's f-ed
Old Jun 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

I like how you handled the situation. I would have done the same.

So many people come in here and say they would go crazy/get violent/throw a hissy fit, but in reality, you know damn well most of them wouldn't.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

A couple words of advice.

1. Go to the emission shop tomorrow and pick your car up. There is no reason to leave it there and it will only lead to further damage.
2. At the time of pick up get the owner to sign a form that says he is responsible for the repair bill and the damage was his fault.
3. Research a good body shop and take it there to ber fixed.
4. Send bill to owner, or take him along when you drop the car off and then the repair company will have his cc number and you will not have to worry about a lawsuit to collect your money.

Go back to enjoying driving the evo
Old Jun 3, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont think I would have reacted in a good way if that happened to my EVO...

I probably would have returned with a Mac-10 and sprayed the whole friggin place
Old Jun 3, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that sucks. What a nightmare.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 08:24 PM

glad to hear theyre standing behind thier mistake.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 08:57 PM

I would NOT accept body work on that damage...I would DEMAND on new parts. IE whole new door and fender and what everelse was damaged.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
Does anyone with experience doing body work know about what this will cost and how long it will take?
Sorry to hear about that. The kid that did it must be sh$tin his pants. He definitely not going to be working there anymore... Depending on how they handle it, the cost can range. If they plan to just bang uo the dents and try to bend the door frame back to original or close to it or if they plan to get you a whole new door. I still say it will cose then couple of Gs to be on the low side. But then again, it shouldnt matter since they are covering it all. I say rack up the bill $$

~Chug
Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

You should push to have the car repaired at an I-Car facility. Not an I-Car certified shop but an actual I-Car facility. Those guys dont mess around!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

I've never heard of I-car before, where are they located?

I don't know much about body work but from looking at the damage I don't think you can bend that back straight. A new door seems like the only option and I will not accept delivery of the vehicle until it's done 100% to my satisfaction.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea where you live or what would be local to you. When I was in Hampton Roads, Va we had an I-Car facility in Richmond.
Google it.