Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Torque steer SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never had a problem with torque steer in 1st gear with the stock turbo and mods. I could drive it with one finger on the wheel.

Now with the 35R, it loses traction in 1st gear and when that happens I get a bit of torque steer as the power is moved around while the drivetrain is looking for traction. Its not severe at all, but does require two hands on the wheel as things happen VERY quickly in 1st with the big turbo once it finally lights off.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

stop whining about your torque steer problems When you drive a 3k dollar FWD DSM with ~300whp then you can start talking about torque steer.

p.s. you owe me a new keyboard
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i get the same thing , if i go WOT @2k in 1st about 3.5k the wheel trun right and i have to corect it . I was thinking that it was the front tires looking for traction . But iam not stock like this guy is , and i still have the open fr diff .
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Alingment helps.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

The 100-0 AWD would be the Speed6.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

dude that is a proper sick gt3 you have there, lucky man, enjoy it
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

U sir, have a nice collection of cars. As for the torque steer problem, you might want to get an alignment.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:54 AM

nice gt3!! can you post a few more pics of the evo and gt3?!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:59 AM

a

sweet rides man
Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Usually i think its freakin LAME when people fish for compliments through pictures.....BUT i gotta say thats a nice GT3 and many(even exotics) dont impress me but thats one of those does it all and take the wife grocery shopping too, although i doubt thatl happen. Accept no substitute.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments. I wasn't fishing, really! Just trying to establish some credibility however today I realized I was W-R-O-N-G so maybe I have no cred now anyway.

I do get torque steer (well what I call torque steer) but it is NOT under straight-line acceleration "upon further review" -- I get it, say, when I'm taking off in 3 lanes of traffic, and decide to squirt around the slow car in front of me. At that point, yes, the steering wheel is turned as I nail the throttle... at that point I will sometimes get the "front steer" shall we call it?

Also, the liquor wore off and I realized I did experience this on the track once in a corner... I was on the throttle hard coming through and when it hit full(er) boost, the car wanted to go straight instead of where I was pointing it... guess what?? That was the only time I've ever taken the Evo off track! I guess the car wanted to do some dirt rally

Anyhow, thanks for your patience as I figure out what I'm doing with the car a little better.

Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
Geez with a car like that in your garage atleast you could clean it, box-o-rags, unfinished drywall? untinted garage windows wtf? I will take much better care of that Porsche, give it my address and I will let it right letters to you. please note my sig........

MMMMMMMM
Agree.... Proper garage expansion is coming soon....
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's called "understeer."
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Post up some pictures of the S2k. I'd like to see more of them all actually! Nice rides. Great taste. I would have the same cars if I had the money. One day...
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by urslo4n8
That post was AWESOME in the way it fully explained the ACD and corresponding settings.......something to do with the amount of time the ACD either disengaged or engaged or something like that relative to the setting you have it on. The few times ive noticed some slight torque steer on my car was probably due to the fact of road irregularities like tracking in a lane etc. more than actual noticeable torque steer

Agree, that's probably what it is...

Also about the bushings... I have had front and rear end popping from my suspension for quite a while now... Happens when/after I load then unload it in a corner, it even happens when I am pulling out of the driveway in the morning as I crank the wheel and the car turns... pop. I don't think that's related to my "front steer"... and the damned dealer couldn't replicate (huh? Happens all the time with me) But anyway... probably something needs to be tightened down there.

Quick Reply: Torque steer SUCKS!