Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost response with our SF GT42 kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eve-slow
Does launching and turning, like I see Norris cars always do, take less toll on transfer case and drivetrain parts?
launching is always hard on the drivetrain, no matter what car you do it in. he has built he car very well.

as for the twisty stuff, its no where near as bad.

Chris.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
Did the begging of that video say its a standard MR 6 speed gear box?
i dont think he is running a stock box! i thought he was running a Holinger dog box with straight cut gears. he also has a Ikeya sequential shifter with digital gear indicator (which you can buy and fit to any 5 SPEED Evo box).

Chris.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Then we must be watching two different videos. I am not seeing a fast spooling turbo. stabbing the throttle at those rpms with 35r would result in boost response 4 times faster than that 42r. I have built enough 35r and 67r cars to know that. Obviously it is you who lack any real world experience.
clearly Norris must be using that magic dust again then! lol

here is a dyno chart of HIS engine. tell me what you think???

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=132865

still think its laggy????

Chris.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Then we must be watching two different videos. I am not seeing a fast spooling turbo. stabbing the throttle at those rpms with 35r would result in boost response 4 times faster than that 42r. I have built enough 35r and 67r cars to know that. Obviously it is you who lack any real world experience.
maybe you just cant handle lag... its not our fault you dont know how to drive with a big turbo...you might istall them but if you watched that video and didnt think that was fast spool then your the only one

who cares about lag...that **** is fun
Old Jun 8, 2007, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

i think it said standard evo 6 tranny
Old Jun 8, 2007, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chuntington101
clearly Norris must be using that magic dust again then! lol

here is a dyno chart of HIS engine. tell me what you think???

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=132865

still think its laggy????

Chris.

WTF. It's expected for a 100 grand engine.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackonblackevo
WTF. It's expected for a 100 grand engine.
HAHA lots of magic dust!

really though, hes is on par with the builders over here. also, its like everything, your paying for this guys expertise as well as what he does. take a look at someone like Nelson Racing engines. yeah their motors aren't cheap, but they make 1100bhp on pump, 1600bhp on race, will bolt straight in, never have to be messed with and last forever!!!

there is no such thing as cheap power. you may as well do it right the first time than have to do it to or three times cos it was chreaper!

Chris.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 06:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Jerry,
We are not comparing a 42r to a 35r, my 6 year old nephew knows that a 35r will spool up much faster than a 42. You are beating a dead horse, but if that gets you off feel free to keep stabbing at your keyboard. The video simply points out that this turbo, A GT42R, is responsive when set-up properly and is obviously a package that is working quite well for Norris. Not to mention the fact that a 35r would be making a significant amount less horsepower at the same boost level, and would most likely result in much slower times.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 06:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mudduck
JP, any idea at what rpm a 35r with your divided manifold will spool at on a 2.0 Evo IX (MIVEC)? this could be interesting...
We may be finding out soon.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shearer
Jerry,
We are not comparing a 42r to a 35r, my 6 year old nephew knows that a 35r will spool up much faster than a 42. You are beating a dead horse, but if that gets you off feel free to keep stabbing at your keyboard. The video simply points out that this turbo, A GT42R, is responsive when set-up properly and is obviously a package that is working quite well for Norris. Not to mention the fact that a 35r would be making a significant amount less horsepower at the same boost level, and would most likely result in much slower times.
Good post. There is no doubt that whoever was driving the car had lots of usable power......

from a HUGE turbo.............

Granted that we could argue all day long that maybe a 35r running 2.0 bar of boost might make similar power with a longer powerband..........

BUT..........we are all sitting at our computers speculating..........while YOU are out racing........

So do you know who gets the benefit of the doubt? You do!

Cheers to you guys.....
Old Jun 8, 2007, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chuntington101

just a note this car is a COUPE!!! yes thats right only 2 doors! it has been cut shorter and the track (both fornt and back) made wider! its NOT A DRAG CAR.

jp@shearerfab have you got any picks of the manifold?? thought Norris was running a cutom one?????

thanks Chris.

This one's for you. You can compare it to the pics of our off the self T4 unit on the website if you have any questions.

Old Jun 8, 2007, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rez90
Granted that we could argue all day long that maybe a 35r running 2.0 bar of boost might make similar power with a longer powerband..........

:

Actually you cant really argue that. All things being equal, the GT42 will be making 100 or more WHP more than a 35r at 2 bar boost.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jp@shearerfab
Actually you cant really argue that. All things being equal, the GT42 will be making 100 or more WHP more than a 35r at 2 bar boost.
i wasnt' arguing at all.......... read the rest of my original post.........

I was just saying that from what people have read and what they think they know, there will be arguements against anything and everything regarding "This turbo at this boost Vs. this turbo at this boost.........."

the point i was trying to make is that you guys are the one's out there racing and we are the one's sitting here speculating.....

so if anyone has the upper hand in this debate, it's you...............

Last edited by Rez90; Jun 8, 2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rez90
i wasnt' arguing at all.......... read the rest of my original post.........

I was just saying that from what people have read and what they think they know, there will be arguements against anything and everything regarding "This turbo at this boost Vs. this turbo at this boost.........."

the point i was trying to make is that you guys are the one's out there racing and we are the one's sitting here speculating.....

so if anyone has the upper hand in this debate, it's you...............
I see. I agree 100%
Old Jun 8, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

amazing vid ,any pics of the outside of the car?

Quick Reply: Boost response with our SF GT42 kit