Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sales manager says "No EVOs next year".

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2003, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sales manager says "No EVOs next year".

Okay, I know that the word of a salesman has the
value of an unattributed internet rumor, but I thought
everyone might be interested. This was at Anaheim
Mitsi and they have 5 unsold EVOs on the floor, asking
$8k over MSRP, usually for a lowjack and a shift
knob.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

I've been noticing that salesman pretty much will say anything to sell a car to you.

By telling you that the car will not be made next year, he is trying to create an impending doom that this is the only chance you have to buy an Evo, and if you dont buy it now, you will never have the chance to own one in your lifetime, its the oldest trick in the book with a car of this caliber.

The only reason why I would see Mitsubishi ending production on it is if nobody is buying it, and nobody has been because practically every god damn dealer has a trillon dollar markup on it.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

there is absolutely no chance in hell that mits won't come with a Evo next year. NONE !! It took them years to figure out how to make this car US legal and you think they did all this for 6000 sales. HELL NO !
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

I'm a car dealer, and we have a mitsu dealership, and to tell the truth, we don't know if there is going to be an 04 EVO, mitsu has not said anything yet...BUT remember every one, before you get mad at the Dealers, traditonally there are not EVO's made every model year.....think, were on the 8th model, and it has been around for over 10 years...so there my or may not be EVO's next year...and if there is, it may still be the EVO VIII, but plans my be made for the IX.....just my 2 cents

BUT lets all hope there are EVO's next year

Last edited by IUP200; Jun 22, 2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

this i agree with. it may still be the VIII next year because the y usually don't make a new one each year, but no more Evo is just wrong !
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by IUP200
I'm a car dealer, and we have a mitsu dealership, and to tell the truth, we don't know if there is going to be an 04 EVO, mitsu has not said anything yet...BUT remember every one, before you get mad at the Dealers, traditonally there are not EVO's made every model year.....think, were on the 8th model, and it has been around for over 10 years...so there my or may not be EVO's next year...and if there is, it may still be the EVO VIII, but plans my be made for the VIIII.....just my 2 cents

You mean Evo IX not Evo VIIII
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

That is funny. At the price of the Evos at the dealer they will be there this time next year collection dust.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by IUP200
I'm a car dealer, and we have a mitsu dealership, and to tell the truth, we don't know if there is going to be an 04 EVO, mitsu has not said anything yet...BUT remember every one, before you get mad at the Dealers, traditonally there are not EVO's made every model year.....think, were on the 8th model, and it has been around for over 10 years...so there my or may not be EVO's next year...and if there is, it may still be the EVO VIII, but plans my be made for the VIIII.....just my 2 cents

Learn your Roman Numerals!

The Evo VII ran for 2 years (2001-2002) overseas, there will probably be an Evo VIII for 2004, then when 2005 rolls around we should see the Evo IX, since in 2006 there will be a full redesign of the Impreza so that both cars can still be at eachothers throats.

Last edited by tryandcatchme; Jun 22, 2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

From a magazine in Hong Kong with news of the Evo 9

I like the stying, I think mits is trying to bring back the fog lamps of the Evo 4/5

Last edited by tryandcatchme; Jun 22, 2003 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

i've seen these before. I hope a 9 comes here !!
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

tryandcatchme,

The cars in those pictures save Evolution followed by a series of characters with the letter "V" included in them. If it was an Evo 9, it wouldn't have a "V" since the roman numeral representation for the number 9 is "IX".
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:42 PM

so- it can be VIIII just like 8 can be IIX. The only thing that actually matters is placement, where the V(5) and X(10) is.

slk
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by AvatarOfWar
tryandcatchme,

The cars in those pictures save Evolution followed by a series of characters with the letter "V" included in them. If it was an Evo 9, it wouldn't have a "V" since the roman numeral representation for the number 9 is "IX".
Well, look at the one from the Japanese magazine. I think that's the true 9 because it looks alot like the 8 with foglights and it has a IX to the top right of the right pic. The one below it is a IV
Old Jun 22, 2003, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

I don't like those headlights on that Evo9!! And where would they put the front plate on that car?? And they seemed to have messed with the fenderflares and maybe body lines alot - I guess the new EVO is based on the '04 Lancer restyle, not a carryover of the '03 one.

If that really is the '04 EVO, I am very glad I didn't wait for it. The '03 looks much better than that car!!

(referring to the red and white cars in the Japanese article)
Old Jun 22, 2003, 05:20 PM

I don't think that the Evo IX would look like that one in the Hong Kong magazine. All Evo's have always looked different from the normal Lancers. Example: The Evo VIII looks totally different from the Lancer OZ Rally.

And if that is the what the Evo IX is gonna look like....I feel sorry for all the people waiting for an Evo IX......LOL