Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my trunk warrantied for rust....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my trunk warrantied for rust....

Hey guys well i posted awhile back ago about how my trunk was starting to show rust. Well after *****ing and complaining to corporate i got it warrantied. I call to setup an appt to get it repainted which im not to happy about. I did buy the car new with a new trunk lid i want a new trunk lid put on it but hey i guess you take what you get. Well i call the dealership to setup the appt and i asked about a car to drive. I got the answer of well unfortunatly we cant give you anything to drive becuase mitsubishi is going above and beyond to take care of this for you since you bought the car new and it wasnt a factory defect. WTF my *** it isnt a factory defect. For crying outloud i bought the car brand new and now its in for warranty and im going to be without a car for 2 days they cant give me something off the lot to drive. Looks like ill be getting in touch with either the dealership or the corporate office again. I dont see a reason how the rust is my fault and dont see why they cant give me a car off the lot to drive for 2 days since i had to call corporate and ***** about how ****ty the service guy was! Now my calipers are peeling so we will see how that goes most likely have to go through them again!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I thought the trunk was aluminum and couldnt rust ? hmm.....
Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

^^Oh man...WE have to stop with the confusion of whats aluminum and whats not^^. The trunk is steel. The front fenders and hood are aluminum on all evos. The roof is aluminum with certain options such as SE package or models MR and RS.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerlover
^^Oh man...WE have to stop with the confusion of whats aluminum and whats not^^. The trunk is steel. The front fenders and hood are aluminum on all evos. The roof is aluminum with certain options such as SE package or models MR and RS.
True!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bigl4201
I thought the trunk was aluminum and couldnt rust ? hmm.....
from the windshield forward is aluminum only.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i wish there were an aluminum trunk...
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Damn man... I have the oxidized wing problem & the peeling brakes problem. I cried to corporate & they didnt do anything for me! They just called up the district manager, who told me in person 'no', & took his word over mine...! Thats BS!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

The trunk is a thin steel on the evo.