Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Let my dad drive my car tonight.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes you think you think you can drive good.

But when your dad drives, they really know how to drive a car. It kinda puts on a smile you can't hide haha
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

I took my mom for a ride in my vo and when i finally went into boost her screaming was louder than my dump tubes...

ahhahahahahha

Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Nice man!

My dad survived a heart attack and as much as I would love for him to feel what an EVO is like I'd be too afraid something would happen
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

lol...my dad just called me again tonight to tell me how fast my car was and now he is all paroniod that I am going to get myself into touble. I had to remind him that I am 25 years old.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok....my story is a little different. I got my bug from my mom. When I was 12 she had me out on back roads driving her camaro, when I was 13 she taught me how to drive a 4x4 in a foot of snow. She's a hell of a lady, owned a 69 charger with a 440 when she was in highschool.

Anyway, I needed to pick up the kids from daycare, and Mom had carseats in her truck. She says "Ben I need my truck because I have phone duty at the office" "Take my car mom" hahahah....mistake.

I called a few times to make sure my baby was alright, she told me everything was fine....then when she got home, she told me the real story.

Apparently when she pulled my 430 horse, open dump waste gated bumble bee of a car up to her office everyone and their brother came out to see WTF was going on. Well....everyone wanted a ride in this obnoxiously loud machine, and mom was happy to give them one.

The way she told me the story was "How funny would it look for 3 50 something women and a 40 something man in a bright yellow car running down the street hard?"

"She said, it kept throwing us back in the seats....and I wasn't even flooring it, your car is INSANE Ben, you really know your stuff with these cars". Combine this with getting small little articles and pics in Super Street, Modified, getting on Pinks, and what not, and Mom and Dad pretty much dont make fun of me about cars anymore. They tell people that their son is a racer now....that's love.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my parents hate my car....lol
cuz its loud and fast

they never even asked to sit in it or anything
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

sick. I havent let my dad drive it yet.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Sooo tight
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

A couple weeks ago I took my dad for a ride along during a run group at an HPDE event at Grattan Raceway...

He didn't say anything the whole time, no 'slow down' or 'waaaa!' or anything like that. Then when we got out of the car the first thing my mom said was, "Bruce, you look pale." She just said that over and over again, and he did look pretty pale. A few minutes later my dad goes walking off to the bathroom.

When he came back everyone was like, "Are you OK?" He said, "Yeah, I'm fine." I said, "I was worried I made you sick to your stomach." He said, "No... I'm fine." To be fair we did just eat BK for lunch before that run session.

I don't think it made him sick, but my mom said he went home and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

He was probably tensed up for the whole ride, and in turn tired him out.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

haha these are some good stories. My father's always called my eclipse a stupid jap car and things like that. Which whatever the eclipse was n/a and even boosted it's nowhere near as powerful as the Evo or my brothers LS1 so I can't really argue with him on that point. Anyways his first car was a 68 gto that he got from a kid whose father was loaded. When the car was originally bought it went from the showroom to the performance shop. From what he says it made in the neighborhood of 600hp and the previous owner ran 10's with it. Unfortunately it was stolen and stripped, ended up getting sent to the crusher He still has the carbs and a few other parts off it in the attic though. Anyways I got the Evo and when he first drove it I could tell he loved it, driving it nice for a few minutes with me and my fiance in the back then pulling onto a road he punches it in first, slams second punches it again and I could tell he was impressed. One day after that I was finishing washing up my car and he's like, I gotta go out why don't you watch my truck and I'll take your car He keeps saying, man that things pretty quick when that blower kicks in. Then I told him to try throwing it around a few turns because it handles like a dream and he told me he already noticed. LOL. I can't wait for a few mods and to show him a 12 second slip, then he'll really be impressed. He tells his friends at work, yeah that little jap car's pretty quick.

Last edited by cs82685; Jun 12, 2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

These stories are great because I can totally relate. I flew my 68 year old dad up from AZ a few weeks back to spend a week at my house. He had a few people and places he was going to see during the week so I offered to let him use my car as his own since I carpool to work with my wife anyways. He admitted that he hadn't driven a "standard transmission" in 25 years so I suggested we go for a drive...ahem. He's used to his '86 Chevy Suburban and his '02 Buick Park Avenue Ultra so I knew it was going to be a little hairy. To his credit he didn't grind the gears - although he did stall it a few times initially. He also kept wanting to shift at like 2k RPM's so I had to explain that it's just a tiny motor and it needs to be revved. I don't think he got on the boost once during that "practice" drive. Well the car had a full tank of 100 octane, a high octane tune, all the bolt-ons, cams and his golf bag in the trunk when he took the car out on his own the following day to make a tee time with some friends. I get a call right as they're teeing off...

"What the hell kind of car is that Brian? I did what you told me coming out of the toll booth on the San Mateo Bridge and nearly put it in the bay. I like it better where I was shifting it. It goes from lawnmower to rocket-ship if you're not carefull, you know? I think I pulled a muscle behind my right shoulder trying to shift that damn thing before it took me into orbit."

He was so sincere that I was just dying with laughter. I switched it back to the 91 octane tune later in the week and the next day he said "If you have an 87 octane setting you wanna use for me it'll save me some gas money. I really don't even need half that much power."

Happy Fathers Day to the dads!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Nice when dads appreciate the car. My parents dont understand why and where i spend money on a car that looks so good and quick out of factory... " i thought ur car had everything already..." yes, but horsepower is an addiction hard to get rid of... lol
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Steiner

"What the hell kind of car is that Brian? I did what you told me coming out of the toll booth on the San Mateo Bridge and nearly put it in the bay. I like it better where I was shifting it. It goes from lawnmower to rocket-ship if you're not carefull, you know? I think I pulled a muscle behind my right shoulder trying to shift that damn thing before it took me into orbit."

Happy Fathers Day to the dads!
Too damn funny!! I totally woke up my roommate!! LOL!!

My dad was surprisingly impressed after his first time driving my car....He owns an Audi 2000 or 2001 S4 (stock) and he immediately could feel the difference while going thru the gears in my car.....love my dad!.....put a great smile on my face knowing he was tickled pink each time he pulled back in to the driveway behind the wheel of my evo!
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

my dad is use to driving fast cars...here is my story....my dad drives a old school DSM (1990 eagle talon tsi) when he first bought it he threw in a big 16g turbo....and he had a little done by AMS...and this was like 4 yrs ago.. well when i turned 17 he let me get an STI...(yes i use to have an 04 sti) and when we both went out to union grove drag strip in wisconsin...we raced the first run and i beat him he was so mad that by the end of 2 weeks he threw in a GT35r i was so pissed so then i sold the sti and bout my evo and i am still trying to catch up to him my dad is awsome he goes street racing with us all the time and everyone around here would like a dad like myn.... and thats my story thaxz for who ever reads

Quick Reply: Let my dad drive my car tonight.