Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what is a pitpass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is a pitpass

Can someone tell me what a pit pass is and is it worth it?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's identification that allows you in the pit area at the race.

It is some kind of service plan the dealership offers at sale.
Whether it is worth it is objectionable. I really don't know more about what exactly it provides.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

The EVO that I am getting into comes with a Pit Pass. From what the salesman told me, it entitles the owner to free lifetime oil changes and a 100 and some odd point inspection at each oil change. It's pretty comprehensive....
Old Jun 22, 2003, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

pitpass is a oil change service plan Mitsubishi offers. There are 2 different ones, the base one and the "carbon fiber" one (obviously more expensive).

With the base plan, I think they will change your oil and filter every 4 to 5k miles.

With the carbon fiber plan, they will change it every 3700 miles. I got this plan, it was only $790.00 and it covers me up to 36,000 miles. With the cost of Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, the filter and the service - it comes out to about a wash on cost. The benefit is, I won't be crawling my lazy *** under the car in the god-awful Indiana winters this year. I did my first oil change at 1300 miles on my own - from here on out, I can kick back.