Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo vs 330i (daily driver)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo vs 330i (daily driver)

Which one would be better as a daily driver?

I have to drive about 8k miles this summer. Mostly highway with periods of traffic. Probably 4k of them will be in the new car.

Right now I have a '98 Accord 4 banger and it is really hard to squeeze in between cars because it both sucks at acceleration and it is pretty long. Also I am tired of losing to v6 automatic mustangs from light to light.

I already know how annoying it is to keep switching gears in traffic because my accord is a manual so that is not an issue. Also I probably wouldn't go to track much and would mostly use evo's power for random red light races.

What would be better in my case?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

330i would be a better daily driver, though a Evo would be more fun. Your really comparing apples to oranges, so doesn't really matter.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

evo...thats all
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mustang killing acceleration and the rush of forced induction = Evo
Uber comfort and acceleration that beats a Mustang = 330i
There have been a lot of threads about Evo vs whatever car and usually it comes down to your priorities. If you really want an Evo, get the Evo. If you aren't sure and just want something faster than your Accord or some guy's Mustang and want to be comfortable, do us non-Evo owning, Evo obsessed guys a favor and get the Bimmer. lol
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

as a daily driver and stock a BMW would be the practical choice, but noone buys the evo for it's practicaiity... WE BUY THEM CUSS THEY KICK ASSSSS
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:26 PM

haha thnx guys. I just have more in common with evo crowd than bimmer crowd even if it means not getting laid at some point.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fenriq007
as a daily driver and stock a BMW would be the practical choice, but noone buys the evo for it's practicaiity... WE BUY THEM CUSS THEY KICK ASSSSS
+1
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Are you seriously asking which car we think you should get in an Evo forum?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:32 AM

I would say get the 330i for daily driving. Evo is fun as a daily driver but too hot in the eyes of the cop. Mentioning that you want to do some street light to light races, cops are going to be all over you. I only drive my evo when im off my work and when i go to the drag strip. Think about it.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by liquidicy
Which one would be better as a daily driver?

I have to drive about 8k miles this summer. Mostly highway with periods of traffic. Probably 4k of them will be in the new car.

Right now I have a '98 Accord 4 banger and it is really hard to squeeze in between cars because it both sucks at acceleration and it is pretty long. Also I am tired of losing to v6 automatic mustangs from light to light.

I already know how annoying it is to keep switching gears in traffic because my accord is a manual so that is not an issue. Also I probably wouldn't go to track much and would mostly use evo's power for random red light races.

What would be better in my case?
i think an evo with SSL has just as much sexaple as a 330, and evos arent bad daily drivers, I drive my 35r based 2.0 all year round and it still drives like stock :-) all in the tune.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

keep the honda, and save youe money on the bmw.who cares what car is faster.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have both an Evo IX and a 335xi. Honestly, if you can afford it, I recommend the BMW. Both in stock form I think the edge goes to the 335. And don’t even get me started on which is a better daily car. I drive my evo on weekends and the 335 daily to work. With Bluetooth and navi, you can't beat the bmw. And it handles amazingly well for what it is. I would also suggest you get automatic. It is the best auto trans I have driven and it really shifts like a DSG trans. For driving in traffic it is perfect, you can either out accelerate ppl if you care to, or just turn on some music and your AC blasting and your in perfect comfort to sit for hours in stop and go traffic.

All out fun goes to the evo, but if they were the same price I think you would see a lot more 335’s and fewer evo’s.

Edit- I just realized you said 330 and not 335, sorry my post is now worthless, lol.

Last edited by dudical26; Jun 12, 2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

For your needs the BMW, there's a reason the 3-series has won almost every automotive award out there in the past 20 years.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
keep the accord as a daily and get an evo for the weekend, why would anyone bother racing anyone in an accord? I have a sebring convertible for a DD and it's great because i can just mosey along not worrying about constantly being revved at. And even if i did get revved at in the sebring god knows i'm not racing in it, its pointless.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dudical26
I have both an Evo IX and a 335xi. Honestly, if you can afford it, I recommend the BMW. Both in stock form I think the edge goes to the 335. And don’t even get me started on which is a better daily car. I drive my evo on weekends and the 335 daily to work. With Bluetooth and navi, you can't beat the bmw. And it handles amazingly well for what it is. I would also suggest you get automatic. It is the best auto trans I have driven and it really shifts like a DSG trans. For driving in traffic it is perfect, you can either out accelerate ppl if you care to, or just turn on some music and your AC blasting and your in perfect comfort to sit for hours in stop and go traffic.

All out fun goes to the evo, but if they were the same price I think you would see a lot more 335’s and fewer evo’s.

Edit- I just realized you said 330 and not 335, sorry my post is now worthless, lol.
my mom just got the 335i and my dad already got a chip for it making it faster than my evo and my bros sti! those cars are sweet.

Quick Reply: evo vs 330i (daily driver)