Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing is heading to the Grassroots Motorsports UTCC!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The magnum is one beast of a machine. Good luck guys, with AMS in the competition, it should be a good show.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck guys!
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates? 2 weekends to go...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Should be fun to see Robi pilot that car. We'll need complete video, right?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck BR!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:23 AM
Former Sponsor

A little over a week before we head out. Make sure if you guys are there you stop by the trailer and say hey.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

AMS>All at UTCC

Scorke
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
A little over a week before we head out. Make sure if you guys are there you stop by the trailer and say hey.

Starts at 8:00am and $10.00 to get in for spectators.

Last edited by 4-BNGR; Jul 16, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A few of you have made mention of a Buschur vs AMS event but that is not the case. Hankook is requiring we take the BFgoodrich stickers off of our car and run Hankook stickers instead. We simply cannot do that to a sponsor.

Here is Martin's official Release:

As much as we'd love to participate the Hankook Ultimate Track Car Challenge, we sadly have to decline the invitation. We've been working with BFGoodrich tires this year and the use of their new R1 race tire has been pivotal to our program. The UTCC required that we remove all of our BFG stickers and run Hankook stickers on the car & windows. I'm confident we would do very well and if we were to get coverage it would not be fair to BFGoodrich if our car was on the cover running a different tire companies stickers.

I spoke to BFG about this event and they were very understanding, letting me run the event if I chose to. AMS prides itself in customer service and standing behind our work and what we do. I don't feel it's representative of how AMS conducts business, and we stand behind the people we work with and honor our relationships.

I'm sure many of you wanted to see our Time Attack car rip up the field in this magazine shootout but I promise we'll deliver our best performance to every event we do attend. What really excited me was seeing that our lap times were within 1 second of the fastest National SCCA GT1 qualifying times at the Joliet Autobahn South course this past weekend. The car is a monster even on the low boost (test & tune) and we're just getting the new JRZ suspension dialed in.

Regards,

Martin Musial
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

^ Wow, that's too bad. Would've been a great show, but you gotta respect AMS for standing by their sponsors.

l8r)
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
A few of you have made mention of a Buschur vs AMS event but that is not the case. Hankook is requiring we take the BFgoodrich stickers off of our car and run Hankook stickers instead. We simply cannot do that to a sponsor.

Here is Martin's official Release:

As much as we'd love to participate the Hankook Ultimate Track Car Challenge, we sadly have to decline the invitation. We've been working with BFGoodrich tires this year and the use of their new R1 race tire has been pivotal to our program. The UTCC required that we remove all of our BFG stickers and run Hankook stickers on the car & windows. I'm confident we would do very well and if we were to get coverage it would not be fair to BFGoodrich if our car was on the cover running a different tire companies stickers.

I spoke to BFG about this event and they were very understanding, letting me run the event if I chose to. AMS prides itself in customer service and standing behind our work and what we do. I don't feel it's representative of how AMS conducts business, and we stand behind the people we work with and honor our relationships.

I'm sure many of you wanted to see our Time Attack car rip up the field in this magazine shootout but I promise we'll deliver our best performance to every event we do attend. What really excited me was seeing that our lap times were within 1 second of the fastest National SCCA GT1 qualifying times at the Joliet Autobahn South course this past weekend. The car is a monster even on the low boost (test & tune) and we're just getting the new JRZ suspension dialed in.

Regards,

Martin Musial
Martin-

BFg said it was ok to run? Why are you not attending? Am I missing something? Your participation will only bolster the much needed respect the Evo deserves but does not get. Your participation will also put to rest the misconception that a 4 door saloon is indeed the best time attack car on the road. Hell, I'll make some calls myself and make the "rags" (roadandtrack, motortrend) come out to the Fri. race to see that there's replacement for displacement. As you know their bias is due to manufacturer advertising monies they get for their "articles."
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
Martin-

BFg said it was ok to run? Why are you not attending? Am I missing something? Your participation will only bolster the much needed respect the Evo deserves but does not get. Your participation will also put to rest the misconception that a 4 door saloon is indeed the best time attack car on the road. Hell, I'll make some calls myself and make the "rags" (roadandtrack, motortrend) come out to the Fri. race to see that there's replacement for displacement. As you know their bias is due to manufacturer advertising monies they get for their "articles."
umm why disrespect a sponsor? major kudos to ams for sticking by there sponsor. shows me that there loyal to the people that support them.
shows to me that there willing to stick by there customers.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by filter
umm why disrespect a sponsor? major kudos to ams for sticking by there sponsor. shows me that there loyal to the people that support them.
shows to me that there willing to stick by there customers.
What about being loyal to the fans who actually voted them into the competition?

Personally, if BFG said it was OK for them to run it then they should, the only reason I can see why they wouldn't is lack of competition and or the fact that they want to wait till the real TA car is ready....

Scorke
Old Jul 17, 2007, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

I would say that anytime Buschur or AMS were in the same event they would have competition, even if it was just between themselves. I can respect AMS' decision to not sport another company's stickers, though it messes up a good toe-to-toe match.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
What about being loyal to the fans who actually voted them into the competition?

Personally, if BFG said it was OK for them to run it then they should, the only reason I can see why they wouldn't is lack of competition and or the fact that they want to wait till the real TA car is ready....

Scorke

There's plenty of competition. (911, NSX, Viper,, etc.) I hope that AMS is not "turtuling" for this reason.

In any case, I'm still missing the reason why they are not coming when their "sponsor" said they could. BTW, BFg... c'mon, who uses BFg - not in drag racing or circuit racing...

So hopefully, Buschur takes everyone out with the best time and folks show him a little more respect for "showing up"

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing is heading to the Grassroots Motorsports UTCC!