Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evos in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro is getting a car soon..

Well my younger bro is getting his licence in like a week or something and he's been on the net like 24/7 researching all these cars.

He is sayin how he wants the EVO, and I keep telling him that it'll be a lot of work getting it and stuff into Canada (though it can be done) so get the lancer.

Now, putting the "getting it into Canada problem" a side, what should he go for? Please keep in mind that it's his first car, and he's only driven my moms minivan around a parking lot =/ ...

Just wanna kno what would be better for his first car, though Im thinking a lancer for a first car, tho thats jus my opinion.

Thanks for your 2 cents :P

P.S.
Srry bout the misleading title, Iono how that got there, I guess when I typed B for Bro and hit enter, it musta auto filled that title from ealier..
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:55 PM

I just purchased my EVO two days ago. And I must say, if your younger bro, is just getting his license, and is used to driving a minivan, please help him to STAY away from the driver's seat of the EVO.

The car's handling is INSANE, to the point where emergency manueveruing can be scary with just a twitch of the steering wheel.

Plus a car that is putting out this kind of power out of the box is not made for new drivers. You read and see people crashing their EVOs, many times due to inexperience, and not being "used" to the EVO's mannerism.

Ken
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

MX6 with a V6 is good, fast, cheap first car
Old Jun 22, 2003, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

lancer oz
prelude
civic si
wrx
rsx (s)
mazda 6
...or anything that isn't as high performance as the evo for a first car. You don't need your brother showing off and hurting himself, or others.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

How about a Ralliart Lancer? I've seen a lot of kids wrecking their first high performance cars.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sdfasdf

Last edited by MaxR; Nov 13, 2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 06:30 AM

Originally posted by MaxR

Let me translate. What Ken is trying to say is that he's a real good driver because he can drive the evo 8 and that your brother is not as good as he is and couldn't drive the evo 8.

Thats a BAD translation...

My post focuses on experience vs inexperience for the most part. I dont need to claim Im a good driver, I just know that respecting the car is very important, espescially considering the fact that Ive been driving for the past 10 years, and have learned many hard lessons, I know what its like to learn through ups and DOWNS. Imagine a new inexperienced driver learning the ups and DOWNS in an EVO for a first car.

Btw, MaxR, no one asked for translation, but thanks for making a fool out of yourself anyway.

Ken
Old Jun 23, 2003, 08:19 AM
bs
Evolving Member

damnit man where is my C++ tutorial??? i was looking forward to learning something on this forum for once!!! j/k
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

EVO++
while GAS>>1
call EVO(fun,whoopie)
EVO++
call SMILE(whoopie!!)
GAS--
return
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:14 AM

i think big bro might be jealous that lil bro wants to get the EVo...cuz big bro has the lancer...=D
Old Jun 23, 2003, 09:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Put a more appropriate title there for you. Auto Complete is the devil.