Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

yet another totaled Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SilverEvo8owner
anybody have pictures of the evo

from what i have seen from other pictures it seems that the evo has maintained its body intregrity pretty well

i would like to see about this crash

im 17 also and i know very well of what the car is capable of but i dont intend to find out where its limits are on the street

I will be taking driving courses this summer to improve my driving
hopefully i can go to Mid-Ohio and take some there.

Anybody in the ohio area have any suggestions which course i should take?

But this is sad for this kid and his family
I would suggest you start with their car control classes. That will teach you the basics. Than take follow on courses.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Urban Myth-Making

Originally posted by superz
yet another totaled Evo...

another totalled Evo here in NY. Some kid wrapped a Blue Evo around a light pole on the Saw Mill river parkway. Rolled over and looks as if noone survived. Im sorry for their families. Im pissed ... [mindless rant omitted]
There's only one significant daily newspaper in Westchester County, the Gannett suburban Journal News, and only one TV channel that devotes significant air time to Westchester news coverage, Cable Channel 12. Coverage of Westchester traffic accidents involving serious injury are bread and butter for these two outlets since this is something that distinguishes them from all the other outlets centered in New York City. So I think one or both of these news outlets would have reported on the accident described in the initial post of this thread. They didn't.

Howerver, both have reported on an accident on the Sawmill which occurred last Friday, June 20, 2003. A car travelling northbound on the Sawmill in Chappaqua, near Roaring Brook Road, veered out of control, rolled, and then struck a tree (not a light pole), killing the driver. You can view Channel 12's coverage at http://www.news12.com/NewCDA/article...=56620,00.html and The Journal New's coverage at http://www.nyjournalnews.com/newsroo...fatalfolo.html.

It turns out there were no "kids" involved - the 41-year-old man driving the vehicle was the sole occupant. And it turns out there was no Evo involved - the crashed car was a 1998 4-door Mazda (I can't tell whether it was blue).

I wonder what makes people start rumors like this?

Last edited by Seņor Info; Jun 23, 2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Urban Myth-Making

Originally posted by Seņor Info
There's only one significant daily newspaper in Westchester County, the Gannett suburban Journal News, and only one TV channel that devotes significant air time to Westchester news coverage, Cable Channel 12. Coverage of Westchester traffic accidents involving serious injury are bread and butter for these two outlets since this is something that distinguishes them from all the other outlets centered in New York City. So I think one or both of these news outlets would have reported on the accident described in the initial post of this thread. They didn't.

Howerver, both have reported on an accident on the Sawmill which occurred last Friday, June 20, 2003. A car travelling northbound on the Sawmill in Chappaqua, near Roaring Brook Road, veered out of control, rolled, and then struck a tree (not a light pole), killing the driver. You can view Channel 12's coverage at http://www.news12.com/NewCDA/article...=56620,00.html and The Journal New's coverage at http://www.nyjournalnews.com/newsroo...fatalfolo.html.

It turns out there were no "kids" involved - the 41-year-old man driving the vehicle was the sole occupant. And it turns out there was no Evo involved - the crashed car was a 1998 4-door Mazda (I can't tell whether it was blue).

I wonder what makes people start rumors like this?

Thanks for the update and the correction.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 03:53 PM

i totalled my moms car once.. when i first got my license... oh boy did it suck..... i ended up paying a whole lot of money for about 3 years before insurance went down.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Great work Senor Info.... stupid f'ing rumors
Old Jun 23, 2003, 04:58 PM

I want to get an Evo soon. Im trying to find out what the insurance would be for it In NY. Anyone know?

Alex
www.ajrperformance.com
Evo Performance super store
Old Jun 23, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yet More Urban Myth-Making

Originally posted by GomeR
they totaled another evo down here in mandeville,la some guy hit a ditch culvert....and yet it was another tarmac black, the driver survived and the following week he brought a new evo in red.
Wow. How uncanny. This sounds nearly exactly like bishiboy's story. He started out with a black Evo, except that it was his wife who was driving and rolled it into a ditch two days after purchase. Luckily, she walked away without significant injury. And now, after a few weeks, he's driving a red Evo. The only problem is that bishiboy lives in AZ, not AL.

A thread describing bishiboy's first Evo (black):
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=17638

A thread describing bishiboy's second Evo (red):
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=26963

So, GomeR, can you post some more details of the Mandeville, LA guy that did more-or-less the same trick?

I doubt it.

Last edited by Seņor Info; Jun 23, 2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 02:32 AM
Account Disabled

If anyone knows of any salvage places (location does not matter), with any of the wrecked Evo's fo sale, please let me know or post here...have a customer looking for one as a race car.

Adam